insurance company gang rape :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
great... so after taking my supra down for a rebuild i got myself into some shit.. im 19 almost 20
so my record was "awesome" last year (quote from cop who yanked me)

this year its shit.
ive got 1 violation for having passengers with you before your 6 month probation do dad right after you get your license if your under 18. well i had 3 people in the car... oops :(

and i got a speeding ticket later on. 63 in a 40 out in the sticks.. it was raining, i didnt see the cop.

then i get another ticket, yay! 40 in a 30... mailed that one to me.

then take my car down to rebuild my engine, and my mom goes to california to see family. leaves me the van.. well, i totalled that van when she was on the plane home :aigo: doh! my fault,sorta. some stupid fuck shoots out and wams me . well it was my fault for some stupid shit with those yellow lines in the middle of the road.

anyway. now i need some insurance again. i was on my moms policy but she is yanking me before i get the car back up.

so my best quote was for like 500 down and 480 a month for full coverage.
:aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo::aigo:

then was 250 a month for liability :aigo:

progressive wants like 550 or so for liability..

i must be looking in all the wrong places...

what the hell am i to do???
cheep insurance places in oregon??

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
loki2043 said:
what the hell am i to do???

Um.....don't drive? I would feel a lot more safe if you were walking. :biglaugh:
At this point you are such a huge liability that they are going to charge whatever the maximum is, because they are likely to have to make a huge payout when you have your next accident. $250 a month is cheap with your driving record. Most insurance companies will not even take you at all with two speeding tickets, an accident, moving violation, and you're under 25.

Last edited:

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
hmm, i guess im lucky. well the only thing i can find is putting the car in my brothers name and getting a named insurance policy... i got a quote for 150 a month..

JustAnotherVictim

Supramania Contributor
Go back to driving school.

In all honesty one of the best courses I ever took was a motorcycle training course. They teach you to be alert when driving and it applies even if you're not driving a bike. I never regret taking that. It won't lower your insurance any but it's fun and very useful. You'll start noticing things you never paid attention to before.

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
well i pay attention to lights and other cars way before i make up my mind on things.. i consider myself "alert". im not a bad driver, the cops here are just so ticket giving hungry its hard to even drive to the store. and our speed limits are SOO low. shit, hwy speed is 55 mph, and only 55! and if there is a school within a half mile the speed limit is 20 no mater where you are, even on the 45 mph huge roads

i also plan on taking those classes for motorcycles as i plan on getting a street bike this summer.

Frozentide

TRD-4-LIFE!!!
Mar 15, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
loki2043 said:
hmm, i guess im lucky. well the only thing i can find is putting the car in my brothers name and getting a named insurance policy... i got a quote for 150 a month..

GREAT IDEA!! Then you can screw over your brother's insurance policy just like you did your mom's!! Thats awesome!! :umno:

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
Frozentide said:
GREAT IDEA!! Then you can screw over your brother's insurance policy just like you did your mom's!! Thats awesome!! :umno:

im so sure your a "perfect driver"

stop postwhoring in my thread.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Motorist asking directions: "Can you tell me where the train station is?"

Farmer: "Don't know"

Motorist: "Well how about the airport?"

Farmer: "Don't know"

Motorist: " You don't know much do you?"

Farmer: " I know I ain't lost".

loki2043

Jan 23, 2006
Portland, OR
ah fuck it, seems nobody wants to help the situation. i was looking for high risk insurance companys.

mods please lock this thread. i can get scolded elsewhere thank you.

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
LOL, a radar will help with your lead foot. And owning a sports car at such a young age is asking for it. My liability was in the 250 a month range, but it lowered over time, the best thing to do is get some junk car and call you dd and insure it and never drive it. It saved me major $$$ a month.It was cheaper for two cars per month than just my supra alone. Good luck on your insurance hunt,ur gonna need it

spinningheadboy

Ich bin gegan alles
Apr 1, 2005
idaho
"well it was my fault for some stupid shit with those yellow lines in the middle of the road."

The lines are on the road for a reason.
This tells me you don't care at all about safety.

Pay the insurance for liability only and start being carefull when you drive.

Do not speed, learn what the lines on the road mean, etc.
You are the test case for high insurance rates for males under age 25.

Good luck on your rebuild. Scolding finished :) :)

Former Insurance adjuster,
Chris D.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
You are a super high risk for insurance companies because of your age and your driving history. So you either pay for your mistakes and the fact that you have a high probability of screwing up again, or get a bus pass.

I would be scared to drive with or on the same roads with drivers with similar records...but I do it everyday unknowingly.

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I was in pretty much the same situation about a dozen years back (about the same age). I was paying just under $1K a month for full coverage... I got another ticket and NO ONE would ensure me. So even though I still had a valid license I was walking.

You need to stop screwing around on the road and start paying attention to what the hell you're doing. I live in Denver, the speed limits around here aren't any higher than 55 (and 55 is plenty). School zones are 20MPH for a reason. If you hit a person doing 20MPH it's about as harmful as them jumping off a 2 story building, your much more likely to notice someone in your path and you'll have a greater chance of avoiding an accident.

I say this from the perspective of someone who was in the same situation years ago: Get your head out of your ass!

And before you ask, in the past 10 years I've had ONE ticket!

I'm not saying that I don't speed, I do. I'm just VERY picky about how much and when and where.

That said, if your driving habits haven't already changed, I very honestly hope you don't find an insurance provider you can afford. You'll probably end up with just the bare minimum liability coverage and that just doesn't cut it.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
bigaaron said:
State Farm would drop him like a bad habit.

If they even signed him up to begin with.

I was 24 with a clean record and got sick of getting dicked around by my "discount" insurance company (not one of the big names). I called a few State Farm offices and they wouldn't even talk to me.

Luckily I visited one and he took a chance on me. I've been with them ever since.

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
will-work-for-food.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.