Instrument cluster clarification

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Am in the process of doing a turbo conversion. I understand the tach electronics ar different on NA and turbo cars. I am swapping a complete cluster from a turbo into my NA chassis. Is the cluster plug and play or do I also need to swap harness? Also, can I run the NA voltmeter in place of the boost guage if harness doesnt need to be swapped? Will be using aftermarket boost gauge mounted elsewhere in car.

need new tires

rubber slinger
Nov 10, 2005
Dayton,Ohio
yes the guage cluster is plug and play, no need to swap the harness. now the volt meter i think you have to reverse the 2 wires on the back of the cluster or something like that for the volt meter to work in the boost gauge slot. someone else chime in plz on this.
-shane

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Thanks for the confirmation on the harness. Studying the TEWD, it looks as if the voltmeter and turbo gauges share the same power and ground circuit. Should make the gauges a simple swap out. May have to swap over the overlay but it looks more like the turbo circuit is in the gauge. Will know for sure tommorrow when I pull the turbo cluster out.

Buddafucco

Beef Supreme
Mar 3, 2007
Tampa Bay
With both clusters you will have enough to make everything work fine. You could leave the volt meter & just swap the turbo tach into the NA cluster.