installing ssi-4, little question.

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
im installing an innovate motorsports ssi-4 so i will be able to log rpm/boost/thorttle position/a/f ratio with my wideband lc-1.

reading the ssi-4 manual, they are saying i must connect the + and - of each channel, the + to the signal, and the - to the ground of the sensor (they say the mesurement will be more accurate if i connect it like this, instead of - to random body ground.)

ill start by wiring rpm,

on the 7m-gte does it come from the cam position sensor? and if yes, wich one is the signal wire, and wich one is the ground?

thanks a lot, im kinda loss with all these wiring:p

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I forget which wire is the tach signal, but I used the ECU ground as the -, as I read that was the proper way to do it.

I also discovered on my SSI-4 that the RPM tach signal read wrong until I set the RPM redline/resolution to around 6850 via the software.

What module are you looking to use to measure boost into the SSI-4? I was thinking of adding one.

bobpogoman

May 10, 2006
Quebec, Canada
actually, my friend sold me his ebc, a sbc-d he got from a group buy, i noticed that theres a wire on it that give the boost pressure :O was happy. (its supposed to control such thing as cryo2 and water-meth inj system, but it will work.

so u used the ecu ground and the rpm signal wire going to ecu? (where i wired my s-afc neo)??