Installing an AEM Twin Fire on 1JZ-GTE

Jan 6, 2010
Fort Drum, NY
So im going to attempt to install an AEM Twin Fire on my 87 Supra. I have looked everywhere for a write up on this install and the only thing I have found was the actual install manual. It shows an intall for the USDM 2JZ I was wondering if it is actually the same as the 1JZ? If not any help would be great and I will do a full write up myself. Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2010
Fort Drum, NY
I was wondering since it's just a 4 channel will the Twin Fire still work? I noticed it had install instructions for the 2JZ with 4 channel, but it says install with AEM EMS also.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Thats why you follow the pins not the colors. The both have the same pins but the colors of the wires are different.

Jan 6, 2010
Fort Drum, NY
To be honest I have no idea what running wasted spark is. I am running this because I was told the 1JZ ignition system is only good for around 500hp and my plans are to hit 600hp if not more. I have the supporting mods except for a standalone which I will be buying here in the next couple of weeks. I was able to pick up the Twin Fire BNIB for a good price and I didn't want to pass it up. Now if running this isnt a good idea then I will just sell it and use the money toward my standalone.

Jan 6, 2010
Fort Drum, NY
Ok then I guess I won't need it. I will work with what I have and see what the dyno says. Also I have an AEM FI/C 8 and see that everyone is saying not to use it. I guess my question is has anyone been successful with it on a 1JZ? Horsepowerfreaks sell it for the 1JZ so I figured it would work. If not I guess I own $700 worth of stuff I can't even use. I hope ebay can get rid of it for me.