installing aeromotive kit..

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
thevork;1081113 said:
it could look just like this:
7Mincar-27.jpg

Also,
When setting the afpr to the right pressure, remove the vacuum hose.
You normally need to run a vacuum hose on to the afpr while driving but when you are setting the afpr you need to disconnect that hose.

With the hose disconnected, set the afpr at about 36psi when running stock. when runnin with the 550/lexus combo set it to 40 psi. Try to get a wideband meter and use it to finetune the afpr setting.

hope this helps

So, from what I can tell by reading this. This is base presure at idle, by setting the base presure, this should be all I need to do since the regulator is a 1:1 ratio. According to the picture in the fourth thread, a gauge reading 60 p.s.i should more than enough.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
starscream5000;1084299 said:
You don't have to if you Drill out the restriction inside of it. If you leave it on and have a Walbro fuel pump with stock FPR, then you risk damaging the FPR due to the restriction in the j-tube keeping the fuel from flowing back to the tank enough without backing up the lines with excess fuel.

Most people will buy a blockoff plate in place of the j-tube (SBC blockoff works IIRC), and go right back to the return line on the firewall with the new fuel hose.

The j-tube is there in case the stock FPR takes a shit on you. The restriction inside of the j-tube should create enough back pressure to limp your car back home to have a new FPR put on. Granted, a bad FPR is rare, this doesn't happen often, but it has been documented on here before by some reputable members.

I understand the majority of this. I guess I'm a still not sure what your talking about on your first sentence. "You don't have to, if you drill out the restriction inside of it" I can't tell if your talking about the "J' tube or the plusation damper (since I was asking about the plusation damper) I know there is a restriction at the "J" tube, but is there a restriction in the plusation damper? I've read on here before where people were either by passing the "J" tube or drilling it out. Sorry about that, maybe I need to crawl under the car and trace the fuel circut to get a better understanding of what your talking about.
Plusation damper: The round gizzmo on the fuel rail on the right side, closest to the E.G.R,.. correct?
Edit: I'm gonna run a "Areomotive" A.F.P.R. and a Walbro GSS 341.. Thanks again.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Koenigturbo;1084760 said:
So, from what I can tell by reading this. This is base presure at idle, by setting the base presure, this should be all I need to do since the regulator is a 1:1 ratio. According to the picture in the fourth thread, a gauge reading 60 p.s.i should more than enough.

correct. :)

starscream5000;1085287 said:
Edit:: It's been a little while since I've looked, but where exactly is the pulsation dampner located?

on your fuel rail. It's on the right, when we consider the FPR to be on the left.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Koenigturbo;1084772 said:
I understand the majority of this. I guess I'm a still not sure what your talking about on your first sentence. "You don't have to, if you drill out the restriction inside of it" I can't tell if your talking about the "J' tube or the plusation damper (since I was asking about the plusation damper) I know there is a restriction at the "J" tube, but is there a restriction in the plusation damper? I've read on here before where people were either by passing the "J" tube or drilling it out. Sorry about that, maybe I need to crawl under the car and trace the fuel circut to get a better understanding of what your talking about.
Plusation damper: The round gizzmo on the fuel rail on the right side, closest to the E.G.R,.. correct?
Edit: I'm gonna run a "Areomotive" A.F.P.R. and a Walbro GSS 341.. Thanks again.

The ''J' tube is nothing more than a small tube with a restriction in it.
if you want to use it, drill out the restriction.

Normally there is a hose going from your stock fpr to the J tube, and there is a hose going from the J tube to the rest of the return line which is located near (under) your firewall near your starter motor.

Now however you can just run a hose from the Aeromotive AFPR directly to the return line under the firewall.
So you have the choice of leaving the J tube on, doing nothing; or you can remove the J tube.

The J tube is a small tube on a piece of iron. You can but some block-off plate to replace it but it's not needed like i stated in my previous posts. You can just chisel the tube off of the iron and voilá, there is your own -free- J tube block-off plate.

Hope this clarifies things? :)

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
thevork;1085362 said:
The ''J' tube is nothing more than a small tube with a restriction in it.
if you want to use it, drill out the restriction.

Normally there is a hose going from your stock fpr to the J tube, and there is a hose going from the J tube to the rest of the return line which is located near (under) your firewall near your starter motor.

Now however you can just run a hose from the Aeromotive AFPR directly to the return line under the firewall.
So you have the choice of leaving the J tube on, doing nothing; or you can remove the J tube.

The J tube is a small tube on a piece of iron. You can but some block-off plate to replace it but it's not needed like i stated in my previous posts. You can just chisel the tube off of the iron and voilá, there is your own -free- J tube block-off plate.

Hope this clarifies things? :)

Yes It does,... Thank you!! please ignore my "p.M." to you. You wrote this at the same time I was p.m.ing you.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Koenigturbo;1085385 said:
Yes It does,... Thank you!! please ignore my "p.M." to you. You wrote this at the same time I was p.m.ing you.

lol okay :)

a little note on a tiny piece of your pm:
The 'fuel in' side is at the fuel pulsation dampener. fuel runs from your fuel pump (in the gas tank) to the line i posted on the first page which goes to the pulsation dampener. from there it goes into the fuel rail. the fuel that is not consumed is returned via the afpr to the return line.

Good luck! :)

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
thevork;1085412 said:
lol okay :)

a little note on a tiny piece of your pm:
The 'fuel in' side is at the fuel pulsation dampener. fuel runs from your fuel pump (in the gas tank) to the line i posted on the first page which goes to the pulsation dampener. from there it goes into the fuel rail. the fuel that is not consumed is returned via the afpr to the return line.

Good luck! :)

God Bless you

Thanks!

supra_89_vang

Dec 29, 2005
madison
Great write up. I will for sure use this in my hook up.

One question for THEVORK, I see that you block off your EGR from the intake manifold and the top head. If you block the EGR, do you have to tune the car because there is no EGR? If I block my EGR, do I have to tune it. If so, how do I go about tuning it.

Thanks

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
supra_89_vang;1085700 said:
Great write up. I will for sure use this in my hook up.

One question for THEVORK, I see that you block off your EGR from the intake manifold and the top head. If you block the EGR, do you have to tune the car because there is no EGR? If I block my EGR, do I have to tune it. If so, how do I go about tuning it.

Thanks

You can just block off the EGR on the cilinder head and the intake mani, and plug the vacuum hose and you're good to go. No tuning needed.

The EGR is used for better emission control. Make sure your car doesn't need it to pass emission tests. :)