Installing 550cc injectors

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
ok soon im going to be replacing my stock 1jz injectors 380cc with mk4 injectors, i just want to know is there anything i need to know before installing them.

i heard from some ppl that since 1j's are high independance and mk4's are low that i think i'd be running to rich afr , if this were to happen which way is there to bypass, would i need to tune my ecu for this

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ryangaudoin;1245872 said:
i just want to know is there anything i need to know before installing them.

i heard from some ppl that since 1j's are high independance and mk4's are low that i think i'd be running to rich afr , if this were to happen which way is there to bypass, would i need to tune my ecu for this

you will need to wire in a resistor box like the one from the 7m because you are going from high to low impedence injectors. the injectors will make your car run rich because they are bigger than stock not because they are low impedence. you will also have to shave the tabs off of the injectors where you clip in the injector clip from the harness. you need to do some searching on this, topic it will really help but this will get you started.

Nalleywhacker

Formerly gnarkill87
Oct 2, 2006
chattanooga,TN
ryangaudoin;1246447 said:
so how am i going to have to pass being running to rich, to make it run back to my regualr lean limit

You need some sort of tuning device if you putting larger injectors in. What mods are done to you car that you need to put the 550's in?

ryangaudoin

Dec 10, 2008
Toronto
Turbo 7M;1246930 said:
either a piggy back fuel computer like AFC NEO, SAFCII, or a full standalone ecu

a Mines ECU would do fine wouldn't it.

if i were to intall jdm 440cc's would i have to tune it as well for me to not run rich

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
ryangaudoin;1247259 said:
couldn't i tune it with my stock ecu for now till i get an upgraded one

if you do that you won't need to get an blitz or minez ecu you could just use a piggy back system like the greddy emanage, but the aftermarket ecu will also help. just make sure you get something to tune it with or without an aftermarket ecu

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
pmpdaddyt;1254468 said:
would i need those resistors? if not when are the resistors necessary

you don't need the resistor pack if you are using the jdm 2jz 440s because they are high impedence injectors. how ever you will need a resistor pack if you are going to use any low impedence injectors.