Europe
Hello guys,

i´ve got a Toyota Soarer with following mods:

-stock 1JZ
-FMIC
-3" exhaust
-Turbosmart FCD v.2
-Greddy speed limit defender

I want to start my single turbo conversion with my JDM 440cc injectors, but i have an important question to you.
My SAFC is sitting here but i don´t know the right install order.

At the moment it´s like:

-engine -> FCD -> ECU

When i´ll install the SAFC:
-engine -> FCD -> SAFC -> ECU or
-engine -> SAFC -> FCD -> ECU ?

Can anyone tell me what´s right, or the (negative/positive) effects of both orders please?

Thanks for your help guys. :)

bye
Alex

PS: A friend told me that i can´t use both together, because both of them work by altering the signal to the MAP?

Last edited:

t78-1jz-rx8

Aug 27, 2013
Karachi
sorry to wake up an old thread, but it says here you wont need fcd after installing a SAFC, but my car still hits boost cuts.why?

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
The SAFC doesn't eliminate fuel cut. However when tuned by an individual familiar with the SAFC, it can alter the signal to the ECU enough to prevent the fuel cut point from being seen at the ECU. But you can only push that point out so far before available fuel and ignition timing start to become an issue. Have you had the SAFC tuned? And how far are you trying to push out fuel cut?

t78-1jz-rx8

Aug 27, 2013
Karachi
i tuned it on my friends car, 1jz 440cc injecters with an hx40, its hitting boost cut at 1.3-4 bars but yea i am running -30 correction for it,

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
hx40 o_O on 440's... sounds like you need another fuel computer + bigger injectors/fuel pump maybe. lots of piggy-back options, my vote is for standalone though

scottiedawg66

Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area Ca
the whole reason I went with 550s was to use SAFCII to get around fuel cut. works awesome for me. As long as you can pull enough fuel to never let the ECU know how much boost you are actually making it works great. with my AFPR and SAFC II i have a decent tune (on the rich side). I try to use as little SAFC II correction as possible to keep the timing reasonable. AKA i am just under fuel cut.

that being said, I am going standalone in early 2014 because it really is the right way to go if you have a singled car on cams and are looking for the safety and most power.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
When I was running 440 with a sfac. It would make 24pounds in 3rd and 4th. But I would hit cut in 5th at 17psi. I never hit fuel cut in any other gear other than 5th. I have minor difference in my fuel system. My swap is not in a supra. And I was pulling about 22percent at the highest. And I always ran 110 Octane anything over 22psi