injectors not firing

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
I have upgraded my injectors from 2jz 550's to SARD 800's.
The SARD's are high impedance, I checked, they're a bit over 14Ohm. So I took out the resistor pack which the low impedance 550's needed. I did this by cutting the wires after the round plug on the resistorbox side and connected all three injector wires; red, black and white (or is it yellow?) together to the thick black with orange stripe wire.
This is how the resitorbox is wired exept now there are no resistors.
Is this right?
I wanted to keep the plug because it is handy if you want to crank without fuel being injected.
I can see on my emb that the dutycycle stays '0' while cranking and I also don't feel them tick.

Can anybody confirm that the way I took out the resistorbox is right. And if so, does anybody have any leads to look next as to why the injectors aren't firing? The emb does get the injector signal else it would throw a code; there's an error code for each channel and one for if all channels don't get a signal, but it's blinking green which means all is ok.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
Well I've measured a bit further and all injectors have 12V with the key in the 'on' position.
I also checked all the wiring between fusebox, injectors, ecu and emb and there is nothing wrong.
When I crank, both pins of the injectors keep the same voltage.
As far as I can tell the ecu is not pulling them to ground.

Anybody an idea what may cause this?

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
On mine, the black/orange 12V goes to the black/yellow. The other injector wires are then routed to their corresponding control wires.

Not really sure about the setup any further, that's all I have. Good luck.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
annoyingrob said:
Maybe you pulled off a cam position sensor wire when you changed the injectors?

No, I checked them they're ok, and also I wouldn't have spark if cam/crank sensors would be the problem.

After doing some more searching here I susspect it might be a bad grounding somewhere, will be checking all this weekend.

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
OK, found the problem, it's the ecu.
I took it to my friends supra who has a very similar set-up, plugged it in and it also wouldn't start.
Gonna take it to another friend who can check it out, if not fixable I guess I'm gonna look for another one.

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Glad you found the problem!

I hope a new ECU fixes things for you. Was it working before installed the injectors though?

Rich

tunin' tha beast
Jun 2, 2007
the netherlands
RacerXJ220 said:
Glad you found the problem!

I hope a new ECU fixes things for you. Was it working before installed the injectors though?

Yes it worked perfect before. I have asked a friend now to take a look at it and see if its fixable, but I'm also looking around for another one in case it has died.