injector ?

just takes time
Dec 16, 2005
n.c.
hey guys. if i purchase bigger injectors for my car is it mandatory to have something to control them like a SFAC or something or will the stock computer control them for now?

my motor detonated and busted all 6 pistons and my machinist is worried if i don't get the injectors it will happen again. i had the lexus afm on the car and the boost turned up on a upgraded ct-26 but i have changed it back to oem afm.

i am thinking that was the reason for detonation ( the afm & boost ) am i right?

turbo4toy

Apr 2, 2005
Los Angeles
With the lexus AFM and turning up the boost it would be good to have the supporting fuel mods. 550cc injectors would be a good start. Depending on your budget there are a lot of things you can do. Get a SAFC, AEM stand alone, MAF-pro or Maf-translator along with a fuel pressure regulator and make sure that the J-tube is bypassed or drilled out.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
lex afm is ~25% larger in volume than the stock afm. 550's are ~25% larger than the stock 440's hence the reason they are a popular upgrade often done together...(see where I am going with this).

Fuel management is very important - the TCCS can only compensate so far

Mrbaboon

Jul 13, 2006
Victoria, BC
bowsercake said:
Wait, did you have a Lexus AFM, upgraded turbo, and lots of boost on a car with stock injectors and no tuning?

Thats the impression I got.

Oh lord.

If performing mods like this is high on your priority list, a wideband (and perhaps some kind of a/f controller) should be at the very top. It is obvious you did not research your mods very well.

For your car's sake, take the lex afm out until you have the rest of the mods you need to run it properly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
In addition to a lean burn, the timing increase sped up your destruction. Hey, if you are going to do it, might as well do it all the way. I respect that you didn't half ass your own destruction, you went all the way.

Now that the mocking is out of the way, don't tell me you never read that the larger injectors and Lex housing are a combination package.

Koenigturbo

Oct 4, 2006
Oxnard CA
After all this time I thought the J tube was the tube comming from the turbo to the block and also the water intake I thought that was the j tube, I guess I'm confused about the by "passing the j tube" or drilling it out please, help me out, and explain , please!!

Signed:

don't know sqaut about "j" tubes"

turbo4toy said:
With the lexus AFM and turning up the boost it would be good to have the supporting fuel mods. 550cc injectors would be a good start. Depending on your budget there are a lot of things you can do. Get a SAFC, AEM stand alone, MAF-pro or Maf-translator along with a fuel pressure regulator and make sure that the J-tube is bypassed or drilled out.

808mkiiisupra

Apr 1, 2005
The HOme OF the Grass Shacks
the jtube it located under the intake manifold at the bottom of the block. its actually attached and it looks like a J...lol get a chevy fuelpump block off plate and take out the jtube completely. then connect a short piece of fuel line that the j tube connects.