injector selection.

just takes time
Dec 16, 2005
n.c.
I'm ready to order my injectors and need some directional advise.
1. do i want to stop at 550's or should i go bigger? i guess that's depending on how far i want to go with my car huh.

2.is their any preferences on brand? ( whats good / bad )

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
122578 said:
I'm ready to order my injectors and need some directional advise.
1. do i want to stop at 550's or should i go bigger? i guess that's depending on how far i want to go with my car huh.

2.is their any preferences on brand? ( whats good / bad )
Rc = good
Stay away from Vemon = BAD
There are others that are good to but make sure you get a flow sheet with any injector you buy.

ViR2

Supraniac
May 20, 2006
Lithuania
www.hpaddict.eu
Just dont go with Venoms... RC injectors are one of the best, and their price is right. You should stick with 550cc injectors if you ar not planing to push over 500-550hp ;) Larger injectors will only bring you trouble with tuning and you will be running rich

supradoc

assface
May 7, 2007
Ottawa
i was going thru the whole selection process for injectors. i went with the 550s because they were within my power range. and i decided to go with RC injectors. you can get a pretty good deal from horse power freaks. check with kylehpf on this forum if you have any questions and he'll give you a bit of a break on the price.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
PTE 580's are good also. MAKE SURE YOU BUY YOUR INJECTORS FROM AN AUTOHORIZED VENDOR OF FOR THE BRAND YOU WANT! Ebay sells the fakes, if you want a blow engine, go that route. Don't cheap out on injectors becuase you found some cheaper on ebay.

PTE's and RC, authorized vendors only.

Blackfin

Beach Bum
Jun 16, 2005
John's Pass, Florida
ViR2 said:
Just dont go with Venoms... RC injectors are one of the best, and their price is right. You should stick with 550cc injectors if you ar not planing to push over 500-550hp ;) Larger injectors will only bring you trouble with tuning and you will be running rich

If you are going to use a standalone engine computer, you will be fine with larger injectors. Standalone will allow you to adjust the amount of time (pulse width) the injectors are actually squirting and so larger injectors may be used without running rich.

Also, I am thinking 500-550 (rwhp) is pushing a set of 550's very much to the limit or beyond. At this rwhp level you are chancing a lean condition that can kill your motor very quickly. While some people have used 550's to make these kind of numbers on a dyno, keep in mind that this is a controlled situation. On the street things cannot realistically be watched this well.