injector removal and installation

JonnyRedline

Lickalotapus
Sep 2, 2005
Supra's Interior
how do you guys go about removing and installing the injectors? do you remove the intake mani? wiring harness? poop? im about to try my 550s but i dont know where to start soooo if i could get some guidence that would be great.

tsuper92

supra addict
Apr 7, 2005
mass
i've read you can get the rail out without pulling the mani.i guess if you take the tb off and some other part's it give's you more room.i ended up pulling the intake because i was installing top feed rail and the resistor harness with the clip's for the injector's.wish i could give you a better answer,but i haven't seen any step by step direction's

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
tsuper92 said:
i've read you can get the rail out without pulling the mani.i guess if you take the tb off and some other part's it give's you more room.i ended up pulling the intake because i was installing top feed rail and the resistor harness with the clip's for the injector's.wish i could give you a better answer,but i haven't seen any step by step direction's

Yes, I did remove my TB,the ISC and the throttle linkage and the crossover tube.
Removed the fuel line from the FPR and it was real easy to get to after that. It really helps if you have the Racheting wrench since its low profile and the six bolts are eay to get to.

I

itr206

suprastanger507mgte said:
Yes, I did remove my TB,the ISC and the throttle linkage and the crossover tube.
Removed the fuel line from the FPR and it was real easy to get to after that. It really helps if you have the Racheting wrench since its low profile and the six bolts are eay to get to.

Dude, he has a 1JZ. totally diff engine.

Johnny. I did mine without removing the manifold. It wasnt the easiest thing in the world, but it worked.
I removed the Throttle body bolts so I could move it around and removed the ISC if I remembered correctly too.
Unbolted the lines for the rail and just popped out the rail bolts and pulled the rail off.
The trick is once the injectors are out of the manifold is to try and rotate the rail around to fish it out.
Not easy, but can be done.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I had to replace a CPS on a 2J this last weekend.... Took about 3 Hours.

Pulled off the upper plenum/intake and was able to easily access the rail and injectors.

This is REALLY what you want to do. Then you won't have to worry that the injectors did not seat properly or that you did not pinch a grommet or O-ring.

From what I remember, it's just as easy on a 1J (if you've done it before). The 1st time I pulled a 1J harness (while in the car) it took me 7+ hours...CRAZY. I know better now...(tricky Fing bolts holding the harness plastics to the manifold... I hate them bastards).

Had I thought of just pulling the intake plenum off, I woulda been done ALOT sooner.

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
itr206 said:
Dude, he has a 1JZ. totally diff engine.

Johnny. I did mine without removing the manifold. It wasnt the easiest thing in the world, but it worked.
I removed the Throttle body bolts so I could move it around and removed the ISC if I remembered correctly too.
Unbolted the lines for the rail and just popped out the rail bolts and pulled the rail off.
The trick is once the injectors are out of the manifold is to try and rotate the rail around to fish it out.
Not easy, but can be done.

I know that he has a 1jz, so do I .

I

itr206

I know you do, but you posted instructions for a 7M.
Read what you wrote and you will see why I posted that

I

itr206

suprastanger507mgte said:

Where is this throttle linkage and crossover tube you mention on a 1JZ?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
itr206 said:
Where is this throttle linkage and crossover tube you mention on a 1JZ?

that still does not prove that I was talking about a 7m :
Throttle asembly/ cable = throttle linkage - thats is what I call it.
Crossover tube? Its the pipe in the rear of the valve covers and thats What I call it.... but why are we arguing about this....its not even on topic....

Ken

Apr 6, 2005
Houston, TX
I installed/removed my injectors while I was doing my cams, so the valve covers were off. That made things a lot easier. But to remove the injectors themselves just unbolt the support plates, grab a towel to grip the injectors, and use el nino force to pull those bastards out.