injector clips?? need help

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
I just realized I have a big problem. I need the injector plugs that connect to the injector but I dont know which injectors I have. I know I have to wire in a resistor to run them on my 1jz and that they are 550's. I am not sure if they are us 2jz or jdm. any help would be awesome

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
Based on what you said in your post, you have US spec 550's. The jdm's are 440cc and are high impedience. The US spec are supposed to be 550cc, but I believe that there was a post out there that debated this and proved that they were actually lower flowing. The US are also low impedience and you will need a resistor pack installed to bring the impedience down to match the injectors.

Hope this helps!

Rich

klaasjoe

Nov 27, 2006
Los Angeles
that sounds right thanks for the help. Which would be a better route for me. to stick with those injectors and get the clips or go get some sard injectors and some 1jz clips. I am not doing a huge turbo and plan to be in the ball park of 500 hp.

red91turbo

Feb 24, 2006
Houston, Texas
If it was me, I would use the the ones you have and just get the clips. Depending on what turbo you choose, you should be able to meet your goal if set up properly. I asume this is going into a MKIII that has had a heart transplant. If so, you should already have the 7m resistor pack and can wire that in.

If you do decide to go with the Sards, I would get 680cc. They would give you more room to grow past your 500hp goal and would not be as close to full duty cycle as the 550's would be when you reach your 500hp goal.

Good luck,
Rich

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
most shops should have them~ give a few stores a call tell em what injectors you have im sure they have them or can get them