injection issue 7mge need guru help.

1933beer

Jul 24, 2016
Iowa, southwest
Nick M;2095393 said:
The signal to the injector is ground. If you have power, and the injector is good, you don't have ground.

The noid light should confirm this or confirm I fixed the wiring. Either way I want the car done so my son can drive this has gone on long enough.

1933beer

Jul 24, 2016
Iowa, southwest
the noid connector confirmed that I am getting a ground pulse to #5. I pulled #6 to compare it to a good circuit. I noticed the engine did not run any worse. the pulse was the same. unfortunately it means that cylinder 5 and 6 are not working. I verified that get spark and they are getting pulse.

I bought one of the little cameras you can connect to your phone and tried to put it in the cylinder then tried to pulse the injector. it didn't work because I was not able to put a been in the end small enough to work it past the intake valve where it gets sprayed.

I had replaced the injector on 5 with no change. The only option I see left is to replace the injector on 5 and 6 and I am will to shell out $80 for rebuilt injectors. I am just not sure if it will fix it. What do you think?

question Is there a chance since it is to injectors that there is a problem with fuel pressure? I have replaced the fuel pump and filter. Could the fuel pressure regulator cause this?

thanks for helping