Ingredients to Build A 700WHP 1JZ-GTE.

Salman

Jan 10, 2010
Karachi
Hi all,

As the title says, I want to Build a 1JZ capable of handeling 600 to 700 whps. the Engine management will be AEM II.,
this will be my second 1JZ-GTE, Ill be doing this my self. Please recomand A to Z of parts for a healthy 1JZGTE,
it will be a weekend worrior,

What i have in mind is,
BC 272 cams
BC valve springs / retainers
HKS DLI
AEM II /5 bar map/ IAT sensor.
ARP head bolts
Precision 1200CC injector. stock resistor pack.
Top feed fuel rail.
Aeromotive 340.
Stock HEad Gaskit
Pistons/rods/rod bolts (your recommandation)
EBay exhaust Manifold.. or (your recommandation)
HOLSET super 40 with bullseye .70ar. or HP6765 with .81 AR(your recommandation)

I know that 1jzgte is capable of producing and handeling 500 to 550hp..
if u suggest ill keep the Block stock and just do the head work. I am also intrusted in installing Intake manifold as well..

your valued Suggection is awaited...
A big thanks for your time...

Last edited:

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Sounds like a pretty solid plan as long as you have a competent machinist to do the work for you. :)

As for the rods, there is a member on here who is from the UK (I believe his name was Tom, not sure of his forum name) who was selling a set of Carillo rods for a decent bargain... he probably still has them too.

stevenr816

Feb 12, 2007
Phoenix,AZ
www.myspace.com
Leave bottom end stock. If you want to be safe, change your head bolts 1 by 1 to arp studs.

Also I would look into doing sequential spark, as well as some kind of different coils instead of a DLI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
stevenr816;1871848 said:
Leave bottom end stock. If you want to be safe, change your head bolts 1 by 1 to arp studs.

Also I would look into doing sequential spark, as well as some kind of different coils instead of a DLI.

I would keep the HKS DLI.. awesome system..

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
stevenr816;1871848 said:

IIRC OEM Ignition is Sequential & OEM Fuel Inj is batch..

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Get a quality exhaust manifold. Like a mtr or a custom made one. The eBay ones don't fit good.

Also 1jz don't have a resistor pack. They use high imp injectors.

There is also ms3. Full sequential injection and spark. The dm 1jz aem does not have sequential injection. Ms3 is half the price and you can make a pnp patch harness to plug into the factory harness.

JPsToyota

Sep 17, 2008
East-Central, FL
hvyman;1872049 said:
Get a quality exhaust manifold. Like a mtr or a custom made one. The eBay ones don't fit good.

Also 1jz don't have a resistor pack. They use high imp injectors.

There is also ms3. Full sequential injection and spark. The dm 1jz aem does not have sequential injection. Ms3 is half the price and you can make a pnp patch harness to plug into the factory harness.

Do you know anyone running a MS3 successfully on a 1JZ/2JZ?

Last edited:

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
BTW, I run a AEM V1 from a MKIV, What I did is a MKIII (JZA70) to MKIV jumper harness, set it up for sequential ignition & sequential injection, HKS DLI wired in with the resistor box from a MKIV, TUNED AWAY!!!!

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
Very fancy back in early 2007.. now? BAaaaaaaahhhh booooooooo... lol... Atleast I am happy that I can tune this EMS & like it so far.. lol