I'm trying to peice together an exhaust on a budget.

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
I'm looking to piece an exhaust together on a budget all 3" of course, I know I want a vibrant 1149 and two resonators, it looks like $250 so far with just the resonators and muffler and I want this to come in under $400 total. I'm wondering how much straight pipe I'm going to need, I was thinking like 8'. Has anyone made their own exhaust, and what design works best? I was thinking straight back from the DP a 45degree before the carrier and another 45degree going back to straight into the muffler. Any feed back would be appreciated, my design thoughts come from the Raptor Racing and BIC stealth systems.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
For 150 you can take it to a exhaust performance shop and have to Hung and put all together.

Just know if your trying to get rid of the stock elbow you'll need to find the flange for the ct26 turbo or whatever turbo you have. BICperformance sells the flange for the ct26

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
For most cases of an exhaust on a budget, I would suggest lurking in the classifieds section on here. You'll find an exhaust that fits your needs before long, just be prepared to jump on it quickly, or it might be snatched up before you get a chance at it...

hatchet9mm

Aug 1, 2008
USA
Oh, I've been trolling the classifieds for a while now. I even have a WTB thread on here. I've seen a few things about, but none fit my budget (a firm $400). I'm also not a huge fan of the Canister exhausts, so I thought I could build what I want within budget. I already have a BIC DDP that I picked on the classifieds earlier this month.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
hatchet9mm;1810267 said:
Oh, I've been trolling the classifieds for a while now. I even have a WTB thread on here. I've seen a few things about, but none fit my budget (a firm $400). I'm also not a huge fan of the Canister exhausts, so I thought I could build what I want within budget. I already have a BIC DDP that I picked on the classifieds earlier this month.
Snag up an old HKS Sport setup, you'll love it, and they sound great too! Can be had for a few hundred most times... :)