I'm new from the Chicago area

Max Vador

Apr 25, 2010
chicago
hey guys. I'm new to the forums and to supra alike. i was a regular on toyotacelicas.com but sold my 91 GT and had to change forums. i love Toyota. great history with almost all their models. ever see a 76 celica? mustang clone ftw haha.

i have an 86.5 N/A ":(" supra. got it about a month ago and love the car. plenty of pickup for a non-turbo and i couldn't walk away for $1000. *talked down from $2200 haha

haven't done much to it besides removed the stock intake filter and housing. the replacement filters were too expensive and i already had a K&N leftover from the celica. and a metal head gasket. had enough experience with inline 6's to take any chances haha. had to replace the hose from the water-pump to the block, so i decided to change every hose i could get to. removed the front bumper lip cause it was bent and ugly. +2" ground clearance! haha

anyway here she is:

25244_380960864159_727909159_3897892_3520295_n.jpg

i plan to stick around for a while. Forums are the best bank of knowledge when it comes to cars and this was highly recommended for supras.

so HI everyone and i hope you're patient with me if i have any questions haha

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
Welcome to SM Max! I'll be going up to Chicago tomorrow morning! Also I've seen a 76 Celica and that car is just raw. I took a picture of one recently. It belongs to my mechanic's older brother. My mechanic have one too but his is still in the works of a rebuild.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
pocketkiriyama;1558690 said:
Just got out of work and about ready for my trip up north to Chicago. Hit me up if any of you wants to meet up.

how long will you be in town? There's a meet at the Dave and Busters in Addison tomorrow (Sunday) night

pocketkiriyama

Jan 31, 2009
Illinois
Moy;1558722 said:
how long will you be in town? There's a meet at the Dave and Busters in Addison tomorrow (Sunday) night

Dude I work every Sunday night unless I take a vacation. Next time give me a heads up like 2 weeks in advance or something so I can take the days off. Dammit I'm missing out.

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
pocketkiriyama;1558803 said:
Dude I work every Sunday night unless I take a vacation. Next time give me a heads up like 2 weeks in advance or something so I can take the days off. Dammit I'm missing out.

Haha sorry dude didn't know that

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Moy;1558807 said:
Haha sorry dude didn't know that

There is going to be a meet at the Brat Stop in Kenosha on May 16th. It's a Sunday. It's a JDMChicago meet