im going crazy

samson

Oct 1, 2007
tobago
:1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:
i finaly got time to look at the engine today and came to the conclusion with my mech. that there is some thing wrong with the ecu for the 1jzgte the engine will take long to start and when it does it idles rough is there any one who can tell me witch capasitors are bad and can they be replaced :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp: :1zhelp:

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
like mattsmall said, open your ecu to look for burnt caps or try to see if you can smell anything inside that smells burnt

samson

Oct 1, 2007
tobago
well i opened the ecu found that one of the small caps have a lil brown spot around it luckily we have a guy down here who can fix it thanks alot:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Also take a look for broken or cracked solder joints. There's a reason the caps blew in the first place. It's a good idea to just re-solder ALL connections on the board. It doesn't take more than 20-30 minutes with a soldering iron. It can be very tricky or impossible to spot all of the broken joints. A lot of people miss this step, and wonder why their ECUs still don't work after they replaced the caps.