Igniter issue, affecting tach?

Alltoy4me

Nov 5, 2007
Nashville
Since I have done the swap not long ago, the tach had never worked. It was an NA originally, but I have put in a turbo tach and have a converter. None of that made the tach work. So now I'm doing what I should have started with, the wiring. Well I have no signal when I jump the tach straight to the ig- on the diagnostic. So I tried jumping a wire from the igniter with no signal again. The care runs great, I just don't know what the problem is? Do I have a wiring issue further before? Or is it not sending the signal? Bad igniter? Or is there another spot I can check or jump to see? I don't know, any help would be appreciated.

thanks

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
The igniter has a tach signal wire, check it for a signal. If there's no signal while the car's running the igniter is the problem. If there is a signal, find where the broken wire is between there and the dash.

You'll need a tester to test the igniter, a normal DVOM won't cut it, you need a waveform or frequency viewer like a snap-on vantage. Great tool, used ones are like $150. You can test ANYTHING on the car with it.

Alltoy4me

Nov 5, 2007
Nashville
Awesome, I couldn't get ahold of a tester so I wired straight to my tach. No movement at all. I'm going to go ahead and get the igniter. That tool does sounds handy though too, I may have to come up with an excuse. Thanks