If i lose to another f*ckin honda civic...

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
boost PSSH boost said:
baaaahahaha I remember the stock d15 in my civic. Half-ass dual point "fuel injection" that was one hell of a gutless motor. Then again, 2 weeks later I could drop the clutch in 5th and the clutch couldn't even kill the motor at idle.

I beat my d15 with a 12lb sledge hammer before throwing it in the metal scrap bin. Aluminum was like $0.70 per lb at the time....

aahhhh but its so fun to out-rev an rx7 and then just laugh at they're bafflement when you say its BONE STOCK!!

haha I have someone whos willing to make me a turbo kit (t25/aluminum hardpipes/z32 side mount intercooler<with custom aluminum endtanks>) for $150, but I like not worrying about blowing a piston out of the side of the block while driving it NORMALLY. haha.

that, and its already got blown oil rings, so boost would pretty much kill it instantly..

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
D series motors can handle a bit of boost....

Hit 190-200hp on one, and it hits the fan. literally. Chunks of connecting rod and block will hit your cooling fan. :D

You can buy a crx si, turbo it, and have some change left with $2000. mid 13's capable.

Mr.SelfDestruct

I build planes... yeah...
May 27, 2005
everett, WA
boost PSSH boost said:
D series motors can handle a bit of boost....

Hit 190-200hp on one, and it hits the fan. literally. Chunks of connecting rod and block will hit your cooling fan. :D

haha, yeah, I found about 1/4 of a piston embeded in my motormount when my supra died..

NOT fun...

grsupra87

Let's go Pens!!
Well, here's my solution. I have an 87 N/A mkIII (which I LOVE) and an 06 Civic Si. The k20z3 will stomp the bejeezus out of the Supra, it's a great car. But that doesn't mean I don't love the Supra. The Supra is also a blast to drive, but it is nowhere near as quick. And the k20z3 has i-vtec which kicks in at 5800 and goes to 8200.
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Cya

Aug 12, 2005
Columbia, S.C>
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
Turbo Scion TC FTW! A friend of mine has one too...they are quick lil shits man...Also--watch out for the S/C SVT Focus's...my buddy just S/C his and it was SCARY quick.

Dosen't the SVT Focus have the mustang V8 now? Just a rumor I heard.

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
87soup said:
So i was coming home from class and i see a little hatch with a huge muffler hangin down to the ground, so i catch up to him and we were rollin about 15mph then he went... I couldnt catch the bastard if my life depended on it!

Then about 3 streets up another civic, this one was one of the old 4doors... I f*ckin lose to this guy too!

No i know what your going to say... "You dont have turbo"... "You cant drive"...
F*CK that!!! I CAN DRIVE!!! "I LOOK FORWARD TO TURBO"!

I have cold air intake (not that short ram crap), HKS sport exhaust cat back system, plugs/ wires, a short shifter...

How do i smoke these civics in my N/A?
All I wanna know is are these civics you're losing to Si? They better be, cuz that's the only way I can believe this, methinks.:biglaugh:

Jervis Mcstabby

Puddin Pops!
Jun 21, 2006
Where Indeed, CA
www.myspace.com
00Si87Supra said:
What are you calling bs? A 160 hp Civic beat a NA? Not so much bull when it has an awesome powerband for it's weight..Now the turbo beat me off the line. At 60 mph, I was right there in the powerband. Being in the city shutting down at 90 mph and having my front bumper next to the door, is pretty good for a stock Si vs stock turbo mkiii
I only call bs if the civic isn't Si. Those'll kick any stock N/A's ass off the line and rolling from 40-60mph. I've found (for mine N/A anyhow) that my N/A's strength lies in the 70-100mph range. That's about the only time my A340E is of any real use!

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
Cya said:
Dosen't the SVT Focus have the mustang V8 now? Just a rumor I heard.
:dunno: Never heard that one before...I'm pretty sure they're still I4's. My buddy's is supercharged at 12psi though...jesus does that thing rip. 28fwhp in a car that's ~1000lbs lighter than ours is QUICK. REALLY quick. ALSO, it has the MKIV transmission in it :evil2: Getrag 6-spd FTW.

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
i have always known that my N/A auto was slow......after i started toying with it it wouldnt do anything but stay slow. After i did a plug change i dropped my extension on the pos. wire to the battery and the relay next to the fuse box.............then all of a sudden my car felt like it was new again. damnest thing too , i ran a friends rsx type-s and won ( i did all of his mods too ) now i can run some v-tec civics and walk away from them. Any ideas how i screwed it up ?

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
87nasupra said:
After i did a plug change i dropped my extension on the pos. wire to the battery and the relay next to the fuse box.............then all of a sudden my car felt like it was new again. damnest thing too , i ran a friends rsx type-s and won ( i did all of his mods too ) now i can run some v-tec civics and walk away from them. Any ideas how i screwed it up ?

Uhm, it was probably just from the plug change!