Idle problems 7mgte AEM V2 ecu driftmotion

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
El Paso, Texas, United States
Here is the delima. Ive finally got it to turn on and run. My problem is that it doesn't stay on running. Ive tried adjusting the fuel to see if its that and its not. It should keep on running from my understanding once it goes. Ive checked everything and am not sure where to look anymore. Any advice would help. Here is the mods. Built block, head ported, 67mm driftmotion kit, NEW driftmotion intercooler kit, stock intake mani, ported lower plenum, stock 7m injectors, aem 3.5 bar map, aem AIT sensor. Everything else is stock using stock harness with PNP from driftmotion. Length of time of running is about 5 seconds and then it starts sputtering and then shuts off.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
You need to adjust the idle settings.

the preset tune is just to get it to start and is useless for everything after that.

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
5a3969b32ec36abe4c6ccbe63aeed823.jpg

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
Installed AIT and tried your map with no luck. Anything else we could try. On a side note my car never goes above 1200rpm when warming up with original computer, just turns on and idles between 500&800. Is it possible my IAC is dead? Possible the wiring is wrong? Now on top of all this nonsense I lost my TPS. If I push the gas it stumbles like crap and if I let go its fine. Just started doing this. Oh and still turning off after idling for 5 sec. From me not knowing how to work this thing to now is great improvement. Didn't even want to idle when I got it from driftmotion. Thanks for your help.

lilmartian09

Apr 1, 2010
Here is what had to be done. Weird tho because this was the happy spot for the idling. Right were the blue square is the load for idling. Way too much fuel in the beginning. Stock 440 don't like it.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk