idk what to do anymore

so i baught a 87 n.a 5 speed. the dude be4 me swapped in a 87 7mgte and left a w58 in her. :aigo:
so my problems :3d_frown:

i am new to supra's so dont jump on me that fast.sorry 4 these questions.

1 - no matter if car is warmed up or cold.it idles between 3000 - 3800.
checked the tps.its fine.hac sensor is fine.no leaks nowhere.i adjusted something by the turbo still nothing

2 - when the car is completely cold. ill start it let it warm up.and ill go wherever i have 2 go. then.when i park it.shut it of.doesnt matter if the car is of for 2 seconds or 20 mins.ill start her and my SUPRA sounds like a god damn STI :aigo::aigo::aigo:
and it doesnt pull.like it wount go over 3500 itl just backfire after that.sounds like a misfire but not sure.spark plugs r changed.

this is all i got for now.im sure ill run in2 more problems ...

any help guys/gals ill gladly appreciate it.

GotBoost?

I do
Nov 25, 2005
By My Computer
Have you fully checked for boost leaks? Any codes? Timing? What gas mileage are you getting? What else have you done to chase this problem? Good luck, man.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Very easy first steps:

1. Check for codes
2. Check timing
3. Report back with results

Until you do these, any other diagnostics work is probably useless.

Now go get codes. It's SUPER easy and requires as little as a paperclip/short piece of wire.

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Damn, does everyone type like this nowadays? It took me minutes just to decipher what your post says.

I've got a 2jzgte in my MkIII with a w58, and it works just fine. I also am not one to take it easy on my car.
I think from personal experience that it is a lot stronger than most give credit for.
will it break once I save up and upgrade my twins? It could. But I'm willing to bet if it can stand a 2jz,
a stock, kind of working 7m will not be an issue. and if it did break, i wouldn't blame the transmission first.
It would be other things/drivers...

Christopher