ICE 32 refridgerant oil additive

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Does anyone have any more info on this product? I have been watching it for a while and see that 4 Seasons, popular manfacturer and remanufacturer to A/C compressor, has started adding it to their compressor line-up. Have also spoken to a few people that claim it has given them a reduction in vent temps. So far people I have spoken have verified the claims on the compnay site.

http://www.ice32.com/index.htm

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
ok

reduction in air temps how? What where the outside temps at the time? Humidity?

I can tell you this. With R-134a. My Supra's A/C system blows 39 degrees with outside temprature @ 89 degree fareheight with a relative humidity @ 65% when measured at the vent. Colder than that? Won't happen. see the Problem in our cars. the thermostatic expansion valves prevents lower tempratures. If it starts getting colder than 39, it start to open up reducing the pressure on the "high" side bring the temp up to 39 degree.

Or in other words. Gimmick ;)

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
The colder vent temps have me confused as well. Everytime I ask I get an 'IDK it just is 'answer. Not very convincing to me. The only real merit I have seen is 4 Seasons using it on their compressors. I have heard Delphi is starting to use it also but havent been able to confirm it.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Kckazdude;1086681 said:
The colder vent temps have me confused as well. Everytime I ask I get an 'IDK it just is 'answer. Not very convincing to me. The only real merit I have seen is 4 Seasons using it on their compressors. I have heard Delphi is starting to use it also but havent been able to confirm it.

HVAC system are really not that complicated. ;)

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
sitting in 100 degree weather idle in traffic, i doubt your ac will blow 39 degrees, if this helps anything it will probably only be at idle where your system cannot keep up, and maybe it will help if you have other problems in the system.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
CyFi6;1086859 said:
sitting in 100 degree weather idle in traffic, i doubt your ac will blow 39 degrees, if this helps anything it will probably only be at idle where your system cannot keep up, and maybe it will help if you have other problems in the system.

Correct

it will blow around 45 degrees.