IC questions

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
I have that lower pipe , or had it on the car and its too short, its a 2'' diameter and is all good and great coming off of the turbo, the turbo being ~ 2.15'' (not sure wut the size is on the sp61gt) diameter, you might need a reducer depending on diameter. but the pipe comes short of even the stock IC, so unless you mounted the Spearco really really close to the car you would still have about 6 inches to go between the end of the pipe and the 45degree bend on the IC, and THEN you have to make the change from 2'' to 2.5''.

Just get the turbo. the IC mounted, and make your own piping. Not as hard as it sounds just buy some u bends, cut them to shape, mark off where they need to be tacked together w/ an extra inch or two on each end, have a muffler shop weld them together and your set.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Buy the IC, then get the 2.5" universal kit from driftmotion also. You will need two 90 degree silicone couplers from there too, along with a 2.5"-2.75" reducer and a 2.25"-2.5" reducer ;). And possibly an extra 45 degree pipe or two to get the least restrictive flow when doing the piping ;).

89turboguy

May 26, 2006
Denver, Colorado
sweet, well i just really am sick of doing custom shit to my car because no one has the parts. but i think that is my last bet. i already have the turbo on the car with a stock intercooler, but i have a crack in a IC pipe so i figure why not upgrade.