I want to make my 2jz on stock twins faster!

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Its from a jdm supra not aristo 2jz.

Mods: usdm denso w/ 12v mod, hks cam gears, usdm cams, 3inch dp and exhaust, intake, fmic w/ 2.5 hot side and 3 cold.

I would like to get more power out of my stock twins but im afraid im not sure what to do. Most posts and articles are for usdm 2j's.

I thought i was hitting boost cut but then i realized its just the speed limiter around 115-120.

I do have a aem wideband and tru-boost controller but havent installed them yet. As of right now i love how the car pulls and with the 275/40 nitto 555r DR i can hook just fine as it is.

So i guess my question is what mods should I do next? How do i get rid of the limiter, and how can i up the boost some more perf to the max safe limit of 17psi? Single turbo is out of the question for now, as i want to run my twins till they blow.

Thanks in advance!

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Tune and more boost.

To get rid of speed cut disconnect the pink speed sensor wire from the ecu. You will get a check engine light when you go over but it will turn off when you cycle the key.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
So with the truboost would I be able to up the boost safely and not hit fuel cut?Is it only possible to tune it with a piggy back or standalone, don't feel like dropping the money for either....yet. just want to get the most from my twin setup.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Yes have to have some sort of tuning device.

Can safely boost to fuel cut at anytime. Did it on my 1j.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Anyone have any experience with the tru boost on stock twins. Perf on a 2jz. Or know of a write up to install? Ill be going off the aem instructions but it would be awesome if there was a write up. How are the upgraded Ecus? Like the mines and blitz ones? (just wondering cuz they are kinda expensive and might as well go standalone for the price of one...)

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
If you're going to get a new ecu you may as well go standalone but if staying on the stock twins you don't need it. My friend has his on 18.7psi and he's untuned (though he is a USDM 2JZ). As far as installing the truboost I thought there was a write up on SF somewhere

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Yeah standalone is the only thing I'd upgrade to. I'll look again on sf but if someone has the link I would appreciate it!

SC61 MK3

Apr 4, 2005
FL
More boost, tune, cams...

Did you happen to race a wrx today? If so its a buddy of mine

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Can never go wrong with a good porting job. It may not give a whole lot of "extra" power, but you'll spool up sooner, and won't choke off on top quite as soon. Only downside is it can be an expensive mod, and you need to be choosy on who you have do it.

xzeror

Oct 18, 2009
Miramar, FL
Im looking at getting some gsc 1 cams >.>. What is a "good" boost controller for a jdm 2jz on stock 440s?

Not sure if i did race a wrx that day o.0

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
Twins I don't know much about, but my old Twins where somehow difficult to stabilize in over-stock boost..... fluctuations in boost where big with my old Apexi EBC ID-ii, so big that one turbo got an heart-attack in the end. Went single after that.

So this is my 5 cents on a EBC fellas... works like a charm on my dual port WG in a small Single-setup....Rock steady boost-control.

http://jzxproject.com/bbs/index.php?showtopic=8650

f00g00

Supramania Contributor
Jul 2, 2007
Kuwait
MBC, FCD, 550's with resistor pack, wideband to see whats going on. That is if your on a budget.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
xzeror;1911415 said:
Cant i hurt my engine by doing the fcd and 550s on the jdm ecu thats tuned for the 440s?

Your ECU probably won't be able to compensate entirely as it tries to pull fuel, so you'll run rich. Shouldn't be a huge problem, but you'll want to have a AFC at least to pull fuel.