i think my alternator died! :(

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
On my way out tonight. Started the car everything seemed to be ok, get a few blocks from home voltage drops to 11V then after a little while back up to 14V. Got to my destination ok :) i go to go home. Went to start the car. Battery is a little lower then normal hmmmm..... i think to myself. Then i don't get anything higher then 12V on the way home the voltage slowly drops 11.5V---11V---10.6V---10V----9.9V----9.6V as it drains the battery slowly. I get it home and turn off the car to find that the battery was truly being drained. :( I was surprised i was able to keep the car running all the way home :biglaugh:

Well i guess i am off to a lexus dealer to get a new alternator as soon as i have some money :(

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
check aftermarket parts stores.. they usually have lifetime warranty vs a 1 year from lexus..

Check the plug in the back of the alternator, mine has come out before..

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
if there are a few poeple in your area.. go 1/2 and 1/2 for a lifetime warrenty alternator :) I've switched mine out 3 times now (2 were mine and my fault thought, hahaha) in 3 years..

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
i think my problem is bigger then a dead alt. just went to go check the car. put the key in the ignition and nothing absolutely no power what so ever. Not even dim lights not even a click from the starter and nothing registering on the TT :(

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
bobiseverywhere said:
i think my problem is bigger then a dead alt. just went to go check the car. put the key in the ignition and nothing absolutely no power what so ever. Not even dim lights not even a click from the starter and nothing registering on the TT :(

check the battery cables & the battery out.....

bobiseverywhere

bobb'n for money
Apr 1, 2005
Montreal
www.bobiseverywhere.com
the bat. cables seem fine is there anything in particular i should look for? and well the bat is pretty new and one of those spiral cell batteries :) I did drain it driving last night so i'll have to charge it up again and see how it does