i shall be banned for this, i am sure....T_T

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
but, i have been searching for the better part of three hours now, and i MUST be more computer retarded than i thought...

i will be driving to pick up a car within the next few days, whenever the owner calls me saying he has time basically...buuuut <there is always a but with these cars>

the 6th cylinder leaks and the radiator has a hole in it...

so, i have been searching on a head gasket repair write up, and i need it pretty detailed, as i am about as bright as a bucket of rocks with motors, but by God, i am determined to build my own motor. so, if anyone wants to maybe come help me with the tear down rebuild of a 7mgte, that'd be great. i am actually afraid of this project, and excited at the same time...

also, is there any reason, besides BHG that the 6th cylinder would leak? i suspect not, but oh well...im not gunna go crazy with this car at all, less than 350 at the wheels, just want a fun DD....

halp!!

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
sweet man, i really, REALLY appreciate it... i have seen too many 3rd gens chillin in driveways with expired tags and bhg's... they need to get back on the road you know? sure, they arent the fastest, craziest cars on the road, but i will say, even my very very first supra, a red 89 targa turbo, auto, with 237k miles with a bent effing frame.... there is just something about the ride.....top off, not even going super fast, just crusing at 70 mph or...listening to some sweet tunes....yeap...

also man, can i get your name? my name is brent.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
it's not hard at all, provided you follow instructions. my best investment was a full set of the TSRMs

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
6th cylinder leaks coolant.

also, thanks so much you guys. i would kill myself without this forum hahah...though i think i m slowly killing myself with lack of sleep....but then, i literally dream about these cars...is it wrong, or twisted perhaps that i am excited to do a build, even though i know it will bring much pain to my mind, my hands and my wallet?

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
dude don't worry, the only thing i looked up when i changed my head gasket was the head bolt order, that is available on this site

inline 6's are pritty simple and to the point, if i may throw something out, it is faster to pull the motor and trans then to do the HG while in the car.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
91blackeye;1429984 said:
6th cylinder leaks coolant.

also, thanks so much you guys. i would kill myself without this forum hahah...though i think i m slowly killing myself with lack of sleep....but then, i literally dream about these cars...is it wrong, or twisted perhaps that i am excited to do a build, even though i know it will bring much pain to my mind, my hands and my wallet?

I hope not, I'm building my Christmas list right now(Easier justified that way for me:sarcasm:) recently popped my NA-T.

Have you seen this site? But I recommend the hard copies, I got them for my car. Gotta support.MKIII Supra Bible

Good luck, HAVE FUN, wish you could teach me a thing on the ole guitar haha.