I really need help, please read

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
hi, it`s been two weeks since the problem started, seems the engine is missfiring, it started occasionally when i boosted, then when the engine was cold and after 10 miles of use it disapeared but now it is since the moment i start it and it wont go away, i changed spark plugs, checked for spark, i am not getting codes, changed fuel filter, checked the grounds, checked timing and it is 10 degrees with diagnostic box jumpered, i am running a map ecu, the tuning was perfect and i know there is no way it will loose the data, when i changed the spark plugs i noticed just number 3 and 4 are richer, they look very black compared to the rest. What can be the cause?
sm_photo_missing.jpg

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
Sounds alot like a ground problem might want to go over them again. You said it was a mapped ecu is there any chance the car losts it battery power. I have heard that those ecu can lose their tunes, i havn't had it happen but i have seen on here that people say it can happen.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
supramk3man;1150387 said:
Sounds alot like a ground problem might want to go over them again. You said it was a mapped ecu is there any chance the car losts it battery power. I have heard that those ecu can lose their tunes, i havn't had it happen but i have seen on here that people say it can happen.
but why is number 3 and 4 cylinder working richer? i doubt that is a injector problem, they are both apparently working the same.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
What kind of plugs/gap and did you check the plug wires (how old are they)?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
jdub;1150663 said:
What kind of plugs/gap and did you check the plug wires (how old are they)?
i found the problem, the number 3 and 4 plug wire are faulty, i thought it might be the coil pack but changed for another and still cylinder number 3 and 4 didn`t work, i am buying new ones tomorrow, Thanks a lot.