I now hate bmw's, and their stupid ass drivers

boltz

Jun 17, 2005
Van
I'd help out getting you another supra swap :) though i got my own project.. Was hoping you'd be up and running for the track season coming up... DAM.

Don't hesitate to ask for help.

soup

fiend
Apr 4, 2005
Vancouver
BRUTAL!
I just saw your car the other week at BIC and thought how much you're going to love it. LMK if there's anything I can help you out with.

PS your intercooler was shite anyways :p

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
damn, whats going on, it's gotta be Supra hunting season or something...

that really sucks, and I don't blame you for crying I cryed for a couple of hours straight when my N/A was totalled..:cry:

and I hope you don't hate me, because I drive the a BMW:evil2: when the Supra's down...

and there it is...damn...it looks just like the one that hit you...sorry man...and you can see the sup in the background. The best of luck to you, if I were closer, I would help in any way possible, because I know exactly what it's like...:nono:

supraman7mgte

Shut up,bitch!!
Apr 1, 2005
Sunny California
you could really take that person to court and sue for damages. obvoius running a red light,speeding,and pain and suffering.
i hate red light runners,i see that kind of shit everyday,some people just should not drive!

stratoayu

May 13, 2005
surrey
damn dude u live in surrey? i havent heard anything about it! i work in surrey everyday too.. reallllly shitty to hear man. best of luck!

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
i live in surrey, happened in ladner. As for speed, i was going 55km/h, which i think is about 35 mph?? i dont know, but he just pulled infront of me, doddled his ass through the intersection. He was a really rich guy, surgeon at the hospital i went to. He was on his way to go visit some patients. I think he was on his way to an emergency call or something, got careless and ruined my pride and joy. I was also hoping somone could anwser a question. Does anyone know if a Silver Hardtop is rare, someone once told me that there wernt as many around as say a white targa. ???

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
and on another note, with such a good community, i dont think im going to have a problem outfitting my self with another supra, dare i say, better than the last. Everyones kind words are appriciated, and they really do help me with this.

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Jayhall said:
i live in surrey, happened in ladner. As for speed, i was going 55km/h, which i think is about 35 mph?? i dont know, but he just pulled infront of me, doddled his ass through the intersection. He was a really rich guy, surgeon at the hospital i went to. He was on his way to go visit some patients. I think he was on his way to an emergency call or something, got careless and ruined my pride and joy. I was also hoping somone could anwser a question. Does anyone know if a Silver Hardtop is rare, someone once told me that there wernt as many around as say a white targa. ???

A doctor driving a beemer!

limequat

Dissident
Apr 1, 2005
Detroit
Jayhall said:
bmw was turning left, light turned yellow, i guess the retard thought yellow meant go for him, and there was no way i could have stoped. I have a witness from behind me who said there was no way i could have stopped in time. Hopefully insurance honors all my witnesses (ive got 4) as for speed, the honast truth is, i dont not know, BUT i can confidently say i was not going over 60km/h, i beleve last i looked was 55km/h ( i think thats roughly 35mph, id go check my speedo, but i dont have my car anymore :()

1. It's cliched at this point, but it IS just a car and you're ok. That's what counts.

2. A wise man once told me that you should always make money on a good accident. Buy your car back, get a clean shell and go to work. You'll probably come out ahead.

3. Who did the cop give the ticket to and why? Why are you going to court?

4. If the light turned yellow as the Bimmer was turning, your light would still be red. Even if it had just turned red as he was going through, your light would be red or just turned green. You'd have to accelerate to your claimed speed of 35 mph to hit him. Or, you maintained your claimed 35 MPH approaching a red light, then it turned just as you got to the intersection.

5. When I got in an accident like like this, I also told the cops I was doing 35. I was actually doing 45 and I hit the other car without slowing down. The damage was comparable, but I was driving a 1988 Pontiac Sunbird. I think it's safe to say that nobody else here has seen damage like that on a Supra short of a 60 MPH collision with a fixed object (the BMW could slide laterally on it's tires).

Glad you're ok, and sorry 'bout the Supra, but what AREN'T you telling us?
When I had my worst accident I blacked out for a few minutes. I could only reconstruct the accident by observing the damage to my car. Maybe you forgot some too.
Maybe you don't want to tell us here on public forum. That's fine, but you'll want to figure it out before court.

Good luck.

P.S. Even if the aptly named bumper support was missing, it wouldn't have that large of an effect on a crash of this magnitude. The support is supposed to save damage to expensive components like the headlights (wtf your headlight was fine) in low speed collisions. The energy from low speed collisions is absorbed by the frame rails.