i need some advice from an someone who has fully rebuilt an engine before

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
ive got an engine that i resently pulled out of my car thinking it was a pile of crap becuase the guy i bought it from told me that he put a newer engine in but he seemed like he was being shady so i figured that he was liying to me so i took it out then come to find out after i get it out that it really wasnt the original engine no i feel like a complete idiot but any ways back to the subject i want to build this engine up to run at lest 350 hp and was wondering how long and how much money it would cost to do this build

thanks drew

JMDigital

Authorized Vendor
Jun 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
www.cardomain.com
If you are talking about a 7MGTE then 350 is not hard to do . Now that the engine is out. its time for a MHG, and a BPU upgrade. I will figure you will do all the work so you can save labor there. You are looking at getting Bigger injectors, a Lex AFM, intercooler and pipes, SAFC2 or something like it, an AFPR and better fuel pump. A Boost controller, and if you want send the stock turbo to be upgraded. This just a off the top of my head list. There is most likely something I forgot to add...

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
yes it a 7m and i really apreciate the feed back i was originaly going to buy another engine and put it in the car and rebuild the one i have already out so i can pass smog and beable to drive the car around while i buld the other engine up but im having second thoughts on that factor