I need help car won't start and just keeps cranking, plus code 14

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
im sure you already have thought of this long ago, or the previous owner did maybe, but did you check all the fuses, i had a starting problem one time that almost drove me insane and i thought of this simple lil thing that i previously overlooked, and bingo, started rite up, im sure youve already tried that, and im NOOOO expert at anything to do with the matter, but its just a suggestion

idowhatagain

Jul 21, 2006
Mission Viejo/San Diego, CA
giterboosted;1061778 said:
im sure you already have thought of this long ago, or the previous owner did maybe, but did you check all the fuses, i had a starting problem one time that almost drove me insane and i thought of this simple lil thing that i previously overlooked, and bingo, started rite up, im sure youve already tried that, and im NOOOO expert at anything to do with the matter, but its just a suggestion

actually yeah i checked the fuses and they're good and actually i just noticed that my radio fuse was missing so now my head unit works at least?! better something rather than nothing Right?!

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
What you should do is start from the beginning again. I suggest buying new spark plugs (since yours are oil soaked) Get a heavy gauge wire and replace the ground for the coil pack plate. Then check the ignition coils for proper resistance. The tsrm requires between .3-.5 ohms. Change the high-tension cords (they probably have never been changed) The next thing I would check would be the ignite using the tsrm and a voltmeter. After you do all that, post up what you found out and we'll go from there...

jetjock;1061339 said:
A flash of insight in what's bordering on a BLB (blind leading blind) thread. It's why you should ignore some of the advice you're getting, especially those last few bits...
Instead of critizing people for trying to help, here is an idea, why don't you try give some advise about the car he's working on...

Whasian

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Funny, from where I sit I was helping him. Since I'm not there I can't tell him what it is but I can sure tell him what it isn't. Besides, one of my tasks here is suppressing BS and some of what you just wrote is as pure as it gets. Here's hoping you don't post any more in the future.

Bottom line is the guy has a choice: He can listen to the uneducated who believe a bad foucault drain or fuel pump can cause this code or he can listen to someone who knows better. It's his decision but it'd be nice if the clueless wouldn't send him on wild goose chases....

turbojuiced

Apr 5, 2008
San Diego/Fairfield
suprafanatic;1061297 said:
i had the same problem car just died while driving it and it would crank but not start... turned out to be the ground for the fuel pump...

I had the same exact problem but my ground issue wasnt the fuel pump it was the coils.

idowhatagain

Jul 21, 2006
Mission Viejo/San Diego, CA
Hey guys sorry for not getting you guys an update but i fixed the car?! it was the Valve cover gaskets?! after trying all the different things you guys told me i said lets go back to basics and start from the plugs and work my way up and guess how oily the last two plugs were>??! Extra oily?! so as soon as i changed the gaskets and cleaned off the spark plugs it turned on immediately?! that is so awesome?! But then again i did change like every single part too and now i need to time it so we're good guys thanks for all the help?!