i need a throttle cable!

89turbotoy

2 89 supras 2jzgte/single
Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
I have a modified ff stock manifold that i'm getting ready to put on but i need a throttle cable for it. the cable has to be about a 12 inches longer to work. i anyone knows were i could sorce one or has a way to modify the stock one it would be greatly appriciated.

thanks
_Zac

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
no i have a custom ffim made from a stock manifold. when i get the throttle cable thing sorted out i'll have it installed and i'll post pics. but basically the stock tb is blocked off and a 3inch tube about 16 inches long is welded on the other side of were the tb was. to use it you do not have to move the alternator. the battery goes to the trunk and a hole is cut in the same location as the snorkel on the driver side where the battery was. then i'm gonna run a stock 1jz intercooler w/ custom 2.5 inch hardpipes. if it works as well as i hope my 50trim will spool to 15psi so fast it will be like a supercharger instead of a turbo.

89turbotoy

Jul 30, 2006
cincinnati
bigaaron said:
1jz stock RHD throttle cable would be plenty long enough. I might have one at the shop, I'll look tomorrow.
i thoght it would but a freind of mine said they were about the same length. but i'm up to try it if you think it will work. this set up puts the tb right in the center of where the battery was if that helps give you an idea of the length.

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
89turbotoy said:
i thoght it would but a freind of mine said they were about the same length. but i'm up to try it if you think it will work. this set up puts the tb right in the center of where the battery was if that helps give you an idea of the length.

RHD 1jz throttle cable is substantially longer then the 7m cable.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
If you decide not to go that route, Lokar (sp?) makes throttle cables, it's a custom fit proceedure though, but shouldn't be anything heart stopping about it. You just need to know what type of cable you'll need and how long you need it. A custom throttle cable bracket is most likely going to be needed also.