I know.. Another IDLE problem

Aug 15, 2008
Navan, Ontario
So after getting a code 24 in my car and learning that my maf needed replacement i picked up a used one off a local guy and installed in my car. After clearing my codes and starting it up, it seemed fine, revved ok, i was able to make boost. When i got out onto the road it pulled just as i expected and so i was on my way......not yet.....

After about 5 minutes of driving i noticed while i was shifting between gears something felt different. So i got on the clutch and noticed that my idle was up at like 2500rpm. I pulled over at the closest garage(one i used to work) and tried to figure out what was wrong.

I have codes 31, 32, and 51. Something is telling me its not the code 51 though. I think my throttle body may be sticking open, because if i pull down on the linkage, as to close the throttle body, i can get the idle to drop down closer to normal.

Has anybody had similar issues? Again the car was driving fine, its just idling wayy to high.

mikeoc1

Jun 25, 2009
Ft Benning
I would look into the sticky throttle first. I had a 31 and cleaned the afm connectors and took care of it. Used afm no good maybe?