I have a quick question...

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
I searched and didn't come up with a straight answer, so my question is a mechanical fan water pump off a 1jz(soarer) the same as the 2jz waterpump or will I need to buy the rear housing from the dealer as well for the 2jz water pump to work on the 1jz? Appreciate the help guys.

Bigzavs

86.5 1JZ Single Turbo
Apr 21, 2005
Arlington, TX
the soarer is the same as the 2JZ pump, i compared the two at one time side by side, they have all the same casting numbers and everything

The1

Too poor to be here..:(
May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
So this is in comparison with using a Soarer's front clip...

So I would just need 2j water pump, bellhousing, IC piping, and 1jz wiring/ecu or am I wrong?

Jaguar

Permanent Ban
Apr 4, 2005
SoCal
www.supramania.com
The pump on there should be good. Mine is. Change the mounting brackets and drop her in. The IC piping may be different (I'm not sure) and of course change the wiring and ecu.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
So you saying that I could use everything out of the Soarer's clip except the ic piping and just modify the wiring/ecu??

bluemkiii

redmkiii's little brother
Jul 25, 2007
phoenix, AZ
The1 said:
So you saying that I could use everything out of the Soarer's clip except the ic piping and just modify the wiring/ecu??

Are you trying to swap a soarer 1jz into a ma70? If so you can use your 1jz soarer harness and ecu.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
But I thought it had to be modified...But yeah, I was looking into a Soarer clip. I'm just trying to get specifics. Because all it's looking like I will have to get is IC piping and bellhousing but I want to know for sure.

The1

May 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I was just going to send it to Dr. Tweak...:bigthumb:
*just looking forward to buying the flywheel, clutch, and bellhousing*

OOOOOOOW!