I hate drunk drivers!

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
lost a few friends to drunk drivers, just gotta plan ahead, if you driving you aint drinkin. call a fucking cab... few dollars is not worth someones life

pracefan

Nov 11, 2008
Colorado
I'm so sorry. I hope she can survive this. Your rant is so justified.

2 things I hate: drunk drivers and cancer

More people die on our roads every year from alcohol related wrecks (not accidents) than die from all types of firearms. Yet, drunk drivers usually can continue driving after multiple offenses. Our society doesn't look at vehicular homiside the same as murder...it is murder. I'm sorry, I shouldn't be the one to rant here, please forgive me, please hear me out. Look at the stats, DOT - MADD, where ever, it is outragous. Compare the stats to all other deaths and tell people what you learn. Getting in someones face with this information can have a profound effect on people that just don't get it.

None of us will ever meet someone that has not been effected by cancer, that is a simple fact. Our government needs to fund all forms of stem cell research. I have lost my parents, brother and right now best friend to cancer. Use your vote to support life saving research.

Please, please forgive me for using your post for this Kai. My heart and my thoughts are with your friend and you buddy.

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
Drake69;1488707 said:
At the very least, the asshat clown shouldv'e been charged with attempted vehicular homicide.
I agree with you on the fact he shouldn't be let off so easy. If it is the first offense, he could - but won't- do a year in jail. The crime you mentioned cannot be charged without proving intent. And that's just not going to happen. This could though, really screw this person over. There are many jobs that cannot be held if you have a DUI on your record. Court costs and attorney fees are gonna suck too. Don't think I am saying he is getting what he deserves, cause he deserves to lose much much more than a little money, and possibly a little time.

Dude, that just blows. Hope he has money, he's gonna need it for the lawsuits.

Hopefully he has insurance, as that should cover most if not all the costs. And yes, hopefully she, or her family sue civily for everything she/they can.