I got no HEAT!!! me cold

DGmk3

DomesticMan sucks
May 15, 2006
Superior WI/(Duluth MN)
is this a common problen cause my turbo does the same thing...I have a good thermostat,coolant is good,I have no air in my system,and the blower motor works fine. but I put the heat on 85 and freeze my ass off what gives..I would question that part on the firewall with coolant lines coming out of it but I don't know any help would be great it's already in the 30's here

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
IF you look on the firewall, right next to where the charcol canister is/used to be, there is a vacuum pot and a valve below it.

There is a water in and water into the cabin.

Under the vacuum pot, there is a arm attached by a small rod. This is what opens and lets water into the cabin.

The arm is run by vacuum and a blue VSV. The VSV is broken. Take the vacuum hose off the vsv (it should come off the back of the intake manifold via small plastic tube) and attach it directly to the top of the vacuum pot.

You need to make sure you have a one way check valve on there if you are boosting. You don't want to boost the little diaphragm in the vacuum pot.

Hope this helps....

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
bypass the heater vsv

bypass_heater_vsv.jpg

DGmk3

DomesticMan sucks
May 15, 2006
Superior WI/(Duluth MN)
this is why I love this forum ask a question it gets answered with no bullshit thanks alot I did the bypass and my heat works mint now I can take this part back to the parts store and get my 5 bucks back
sm_photo_missing.jpg

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
This helped me with my problem as well! I had the no heat symptom as well, that vsv bypass works great! I actually have a new VSV to put in, but is there any way to replace JUST the VSV and not the valve that coolant flows through, so i don't have to disturb the cooling system? Because air bubbles in that area can be a big problem, and I don't want to deal with that again...:nono:.