Votes: 7 22.6%
  • A Nurse?

Votes: 14 45.2%

• Total voters

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing here I come, off to join the other FIVE percent of the male RN workforce (Its the greatest college degree you can go for, completely surrounded by women)(And a few of them don't look bad)(maybe i'll even snag one of the hawt ones in school before i go to work with the ugly ones :D )

can you imagine this sexy beast as a nurse? (I'm referring to the guy in the hat)

p1075288_1.jpg

Look at the size of those feet. ladies, you know what that means, right :D

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
At tech school on a hot spring day, my friend and i went in and sat in a random room, then a nursing class came in. Damn did I ever regret choosing engineering school over nursing that day :love::love::love::love::love::love::aigo::love::love:

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
flight doc89;1075288 said:
Look at the size of those feet. ladies, you know what that means, right :D

Just means no one carries a shoe that will fit you ANY WHERE in Europe!
I was a giant over there.

O and gratz, your life is going to be like scrubs now! lol I love that show!

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
dugums;1075404 said:
My fantasy of getting a sponge bath from a nurse has just taken a turn for the worse:nono:

The only nurse sponge bath I ever got was from a volunteer in her 80's after my shoulder surgery. That fantasy disappeared for me long ago...

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Jesus tap dancing Christ. And I thought -= I =- was a masochist.

Good luck to you. Your job will be long, hard, and mostly thankless.

But I will thank you in advance. :)

Also: TOTALLY off-topic, but what kinds of horses do you have? Quarters? (The one in this pic almost looks like a Paso Fino, but I'm drunk and have no idea WTF I'm talking about) SC and I want to get horses some time in the future. I've wanted a Friesian FOREVER (and now I think they're cliche, since so goddamn many people are after one... sigh...), and Mike's a bigger dude (6', 200+ ish). I LOVE LOVE LOVE drafts and draft crosses, so we were thinking maybe a Percheron or Perch X for him, and god knows what for me. I love jumping. I actually think I like the Canadian Horse breed.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Please talk her out of the Canadian horses............don't tell me Americans can't even breed horses as good as the next country. What do we Americans do correctly?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
DreamerTheresa;1075462 said:
Jesus tap dancing Christ. And I thought -= I =- was a masochist.

Good luck to you. Your job will be long, hard, and mostly thankless.

But I will thank you in advance. :)

Also: TOTALLY off-topic, but what kinds of horses do you have? Quarters? (The one in this pic almost looks like a Paso Fino, but I'm drunk and have no idea WTF I'm talking about) SC and I want to get horses some time in the future. I've wanted a Friesian FOREVER (and now I think they're cliche, since so goddamn many people are after one... sigh...), and Mike's a bigger dude (6', 200+ ish). I LOVE LOVE LOVE drafts and draft crosses, so we were thinking maybe a Percheron or Perch X for him, and god knows what for me. I love jumping. I actually think I like the Canadian Horse breed.

im canadian....you can put a saddle on me any day!!!

Who

Supramania Contributor
I've worked in the medical field for over 20 years now. The money is good. The benefits are great. Flexible work hours and a abundance of overtime is available. If you work at a hospital you will find yourself in a abundant pool of educated women. Don't shun the ugly ones either. They are more thankful !! :naughty:
You will never retire as bill gates but you will be employed though good times, bad times, recession, war. Here is a bit of advice though. Bite the bullet and get a Bachelors degree in nursing. The majority of Hosipital administration jobs in the medical field are nurse base oriented. In other words a nurse with a BA is at the top of the food chain. Getting off the floor and into administration is the way to go.
Second on the advise list. Swallow your pride. Keep your mouth shut and do as your told for the next 4 years. The nursing community is a tight group and if you get black balled your going to have a tough time.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
suprahero;1075647 said:
Please talk her out of the Canadian horses............don't tell me Americans can't even breed horses as good as the next country. What do we Americans do correctly?

We do health care correctly. :p

I like warmblood types, but I don't need an 18hh monstrosity - I'm only 5'6".

The Canadian breed is a smaller warmblood, and comes with a reasonable pricetag.

Then again, MOST horses right now have a semi decent price tag, what with the high price of hay lately.

flight doc89

Registered Murse
Apr 21, 2006
Bessemer, Alabama, United States
whowouldfigga;1075842 said:
I've worked in the medical field for over 20 years now. The money is good. The benefits are great. Flexible work hours and a abundance of overtime is available. If you work at a hospital you will find yourself in a abundant pool of educated women. Don't shun the ugly ones either. They are more thankful !! :naughty:
You will never retire as bill gates but you will be employed though good times, bad times, recession, war. Here is a bit of advice though. Bite the bullet and get a Bachelors degree in nursing. The majority of Hosipital administration jobs in the medical field are nurse base oriented. In other words a nurse with a BA is at the top of the food chain. Getting off the floor and into administration is the way to go.
Second on the advise list. Swallow your pride. Keep your mouth shut and do as your told for the next 4 years. The nursing community is a tight group and if you get black balled your going to have a tough time.

I'm getting my Bachelors. I've already got two years of core classes in, now all I do is take two more years of nursing classes/clinicals and I'll have my BSN

As for my horse DT, he's a quarterhorse. They come in many sizes :).

DreamerTheresa;1075462 said:
I've wanted a Friesian FOREVER (and now I think they're cliche, since so goddamn many people are after one... sigh...), and Mike's a bigger dude (6', 200+ ish). I LOVE LOVE LOVE drafts and draft crosses, so we were thinking maybe a Percheron or Perch X for him, and god knows what for me. I love jumping. I actually think I like the Canadian Horse breed.

Just because he's a 'big' guy doesn't mean he neads a ginormous horse, lol. My horse Ben is prolly only about 15-15.2hh, I'm 5'10" 250lbs, I was 270lb when I bought Ben (he's the only one I have atm, too expensive to board more than one when you are in college)(That *might* change if i can lease this pasture next to the trailer I just bought, because if I do that I can board someone else's horses in order to defray the cost of a second horse). I want a second horse so that friends can go with me on trail, and if i lease that pasture, I may even start either breaking/training horses for other people or just buying 2-3 year olds and breaking/training them for a few months then hauling to sale (Ben won't ever go on the auction block, but he's special :D )

Anyways, back to the tangent topic of horse sizes: I broke a friend's horse (re-broke, actually; the previous owner had started working with the horse, when one day the horse cornered her against a fence and kicked the shit outta her. my buddy bought the horse, then never did shit with him, so i ended up breaking him cuz i was planning on buying him when I came across Ben). That horse was a small quarterhorse/appaloosa mix with some who knows what thrown in. he prolly stood 14-14.2hh (did i mention he was small?? wasn't built either, but he was still tough), but he carried me around all right, and he had the smoothest trot I've ever ridden of any horse, smoother than any 2-beat or 4-beat saddlegait horse I've ridden. I probably would have that horse as well if he hadn't colicked and died back in the spring.

p1076322_1.jpg

I guess I'm just saying don't turn down a horse because it looks small. That being said, I'm a fan of big horses myself :D. A friend of mine just bought herself a quarter horse/paint for running barrels, 3 years old and 16.2 hands (I'm *slightly* jealous)

EDIT: Ben's too bigheaded to be Paso Fino

EDIT2: Stay American, no need to buy anything special/weird.
Percheron: HUGE, skip.

Trakehner: if you like to jump higher than you are tall okayyyy, but in my experience (granted, very limited experience), sweet horse in the stall, but takes a lot of work to keep in control (hyper)

Arabian: If you like spending time with you mother in law, then maybe you can dead with an Arabian. They are bitches, every one of them. They may get along with you, but they will fuck around with you and act up until they are satisfied that you have earned the right to ride. The kind of horse that aims for tree branches on trail rides because they are bitches and hope you get nailed (unless you are weird and they really like you for some reason)

Just get either a Quarterhorse or a Tennessee Walker. Make some friends that work with horses, get some riding lessons, then let one of the friends find you a horse.

Last edited: