i cant get the arp bolt on

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
i cant get the socket on the arp bolt on top of the head...i have a 12 point 14 its real skinny and still wont clear...how in the hell do people use arp studs? they are such a pain in the ass to use...i thought they were gona be easier than regular head bolts but they arent at all...my socket is a sears brand companion its real skinny..please help i gotta get it done before the qs&l meet

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
its a 14mm i just had to buy a thin walled one last week. i made a post about the same thing. i couldnt get a socket on it either.

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
na head was getting put on...the cams were out.....i got everything back now....i dont think you could even try to put on arps and leave the cams in the head it was tight as hell with them out

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
ginglesturbo said:
na head was getting put on...the cams were out.....i got everything back now....i dont think you could even try to put on arps and leave the cams in the head it was tight as hell with them out
Yes you can , I mounted my head with arp head stud with no problem.:icon_bigg

ginglesturbo

Boost Nazi
Dec 1, 2007
Charlotte N.C.
huh?? well anyways it barley had any room to get a socket down there its on now....it wasnt that hard to take em out plus i got to inspect the caps when i took it off and inject some fresh oil in them......so it was worth it plus they are back in now anyways i just gotta get the intake manifold and everything on now