I Broke It

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
OK, went to the Great Falls Meet Sat. had a great time!

On the way home smoke spewing from my catch can filter, then out of my exhaust!

Yes I did have a 100+ mph run before this happened!

Any ideas what it could be before I start pulling things apart?

I figure blown rings, or broken valve stem??????

Soon as you get'em running good..............Uugh!

Malik

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
OK,

Upon further inspection, I took off top intercooler hose and accordian hose from turbo.

Oil puddled in front of turbo, accordian hose saturated with oil. Intercooler pipe has oil residue, but not pudlled in it like the accordian hose. Passenger side undercarriage saturated with oil. Catch can full of oil. Dipstick reads empty!

1_slo_92

Aug 21, 2006
Hillsboro Ohio
I had close to this problem (besides the catch can and no oil in the car) Mine turned out to be blown turbo seals. This not only happend once but twice!!!! Whats up with these Ct-26's

symtoms: Smoking coming out of boost or to an idle at a stop sign, would quit smoking after a little bit (depending on how hard the car was being driven to how much smoke) take off the turbo, find oil saturated in the intercooler/piping/accordian hose, but still fine on oil. Catch can wasn't full. No oil on side of block besides some gunk because of a stupid idea to make sure the oil pump was working without it hooked to any turbo:D

sprigmo1

Sep 27, 2005
Upon further investigation, it seems most of the oil was pumped out of the engine, through the catchcan.
WTF????????????
Lot of oil in the turbo, accordian hose and intercooler piping!
So, it has to be coming passed the rings up through the head and out through the Catchcan, right???
I'll do the compression test this weekend. If it is the rings, does that mean new pistons and rings are needed.
Any reccomendations on rings /pistons. Aftermarket vs stock. JE, Wiseco, Ross etc....
Hopefully it is the turbo!