hydrolic fan

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
i know this has already been talked about with efans and how they are not a better choice. i live in colorado im running a 1jz swap and im running the hydrolic fan .problum is my hydrolic fan is pump is leaking so my question is if i go bigger radiator and switch to efans what are good ones . im not talking nice looking but good enough to keep the car cool under heavy boost eventually..

like i said i have been reading up on this id really like to keep the hydrolic fan but i cant find the pump. it be great if someone could point me in that directon

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
I have a Hydrolic fan and it started leaking also. I put in the Lucas Oil Powersteering Leak Stop in mine and it stop'd leaking. It also made it quieter and hasnt leaked in around a 2 months. I also did this for the power steering as when its cold it seemed to be louder but after i put the lucas treatment in it that was substantially quieter. Good luck with your Build We will have to try and get together this year. I am not sure of any other 1J MKIII owners in the state other then you and I.
I also had a 2jz GS300 and my Clutch fan went out so i converted it to Dual 14 inch Electrics. it seemed to keep the engine very cool but i dont know how it would have been with the added heat from the turbos. If my hydro fan goes out i will be doing this but it is more likely that i do 1 Big fan and a shroud.

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
If you already have the whole hydrofan system, the pump is probably the easiest part to find from those converting to clutch fan. I would stick with the hydrofan.

If you don't stay hydrofan switch to clutch fan. Trying to run efans with the hydro pump in place is a temporary solution at best. You would still have to keep fluid in it and since it leaks you would be right back where you started.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
cool i was really hopen that someone could point me in the direction of a new hydro pump cause thats the way i want to stay i heard there the best even on higher hp

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
TripleC;1498259 said:
I have a Hydrolic fan and it started leaking also. I put in the Lucas Oil Powersteering Leak Stop in mine and it stop'd leaking. It also made it quieter and hasnt leaked in around a 2 months. I also did this for the power steering as when its cold it seemed to be louder but after i put the lucas treatment in it that was substantially quieter. Good luck with your Build We will have to try and get together this year. I am not sure of any other 1J MKIII owners in the state other then you and I.
I also had a 2jz GS300 and my Clutch fan went out so i converted it to Dual 14 inch Electrics. it seemed to keep the engine very cool but i dont know how it would have been with the added heat from the turbos. If my hydro fan goes out i will be doing this but it is more likely that i do 1 Big fan and a shroud.

Lucas =
snake-oil.jpg

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
Is it leaking from the Brass fittings at the Neck or out of the housing itself?
BTW I had to tighten My Top nut to astronomicle porportions and it finally Stopped leaking from the engine side of my brass fittings

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
I think its the top but yes it is a huge bolt. I used a 2.5 foot cheater bar to make sure it was... !!!!Snug!!!! LMFAO

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
i sware its on the bottom not the water pump put the actual hyrdolic fan pump... its a massive bolt .. poodles where could i get a new one .

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
ill take a pic tommarow but its the one that is on the block itself not the one on the fan. its the giant bolt on the bottom of it its right above the alternator.