hp question and what to expect

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Well ive been watching a lot of videos and getting mods on cars and what not but im not finding what im lookin for. Ive decided to make my car turbo and im about 90% done with the process. Heres what i got goin on. I picked up a jdm 7mgte with a very slight rod knock i got everything from the motor to the transmission all tho i had to pull it i only payed about 200 bucks for it lol and i sold the stock cat for 80 so really i gave 120 for it great deal lol well ive got all the parts and everything i need and want i just have to start a full rebuild the motor. Im gonna run arp head studs, titan mhg, custom 3 inch dp with divorced wg and open dump tube thats pretty much the goods but as soon as the motor is broke in im gonna raise the boost to about 13 psi and get a afc to tune a little with what kind of power can i expect and about what kind of track numbers im very ancious and cant wait to find out for my self lol. :1zhelp: Also i like low end power so eventually i may try some na cams. Cluth info altho it doesnt matter custom built 2600lb pressure plate 6 puck hub with kevlar on one side and ceramic on the other.

Fletch124

2jz swapped!
Jul 17, 2005
Reno, Nevada
Stock turbo at 13psi with a good tune will be in the field of ~280-300rwhp. What you should do is build your motor with good pistons, rods, and awesome machine work. Combine that with a 57 trim Ct-26 and it will be the 400rwhp field.

thebadz32

Mar 16, 2008
Louisville Ky,
Fletch124;1149141 said:
Stock turbo at 13psi with a good tune will be in the field of ~280-300rwhp. What you should do is build your motor with good pistons, rods, and awesome machine work. Combine that with a 57 trim Ct-26 and it will be the 400rwhp field.

well that plan is later down the road i do have an extra block that i have those plans for but i have a low payin job and im just ready to get back in my car, ive had about 19 cars and ive been racein since i was about 15 im almost 21 so im a pretty decent driver do u have any idea of what kind of track times i could expect im gonna do a rear gutting of the car to get rid of some un needed weight