Howling Right side of diff.

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
I have a low howling starting on the passenger side of my Supra.Is there a bearing out there or is it the cv...Later Barry

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
Wheels are torqued and the rubber is last summer new so they are a bit in need but that is not the problem...Is there a bearing out there on an independent.Also what damage can it cause by driving I need to travel to get it fixed.Later Barry

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
dylan;1025137 said:
I have a low howling starting on the passenger side of my Supra.Is there a bearing out there or is it the cv...Later Barry

Yes there is an outer wheel bearing. A bad cv assembly would make more of a crunching noise.

Jeff

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Rennat;1026627 said:
your STILL an asshole to this day. wtf?
and as a matter a fact i DO have access to a press...
got something else to say?

Well let's see. Someone asks a serious question and you give everyone a dumbass response instead of constuctive advise. Yeah, that makes me the asshole. :3d_frown::cry::cry::cry:

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
Now for the serious side It is just has a low howl no snap crackle or crunching sounds I put a mechanic friend of mine in the passenger seat and the bearing was quiet.Cooled off I guess so we went for a drive and it came back he says the outer bearing he checked the CV and it is only a bit worn my diff. is leaking on the same side he says do it all at the same time...sounds about logical..Thanks for all the help..Dam glad I can swim...Later Barry