How to Talk Right - Lesson #1 The Right Vocabulary

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Nick M said:
Where are you coming up with your posts lately? .

The GOPAC dude... That is from your site... The republicans exposed their secrets... Try reading post #1 again...

Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or additions. We would also like to know how you use the list. Call us at GOPAC or write with your suggestions and comments. We may include them in the next tape mailing so that others can benefit from your knowledge and experience.
http://gopac.org/index.php

What part of "EXAMPLES" did you not understand Nick??
See post 13....

YOU CAN NOT SPIN THIS SHIT, NICK!!!!

You might want to email them and have that site taken down quick...:biglaugh:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
My site?

I have certainly pulled the lever for Republican candidates many times, and the DNC, zero times, but they just aren't my party now. They spend too much, war or no war, as I stated.

This is my party. I have voted for them before. Even on the President. (you don't really think I could pull that lever for Bob Dole?)

http://www.constitutionparty.com/

I most unhappy with Dennis Hastert and his collegues in Congress. But still, better him than Ted Kennedy.

Those that are truly on the right do not slant anything. I never hedge.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Those that are truly on the right do not slant anything.

The Repubicans... Yes...I respectfully disagree with you here.. If you don't like slant how about spin, twist, manipulate, lie, fabricate, attack, hide and bury... :)

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
JustAnotherVictim said:
Red....letters....hurt....eyes....
Fixed!!!

Nick M. said:
If liberal wasn't a bad word, Democrats would hide from it and call themselves enlightened, progressive, reformed or any other term they use to hide what they are. Left wing idealogs want control of the economy, instead of the control being by the person who owns his business.
Stop the Spinning...

It is not a bad word.. But you republicans toss it around like it is the worst thing on earth and it makes me sick...

Here is a book out that explains it in more detail on how to manipulate your opponents without any facts in your corner at all. He knows your tactics also... :wave:

trcov2qe9.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2999/trcov2qe9.jpg

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
JustAnotherVictim said:
Thanks for saving my vision. :D

No problem...

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=320695#post320695

This crap blows my mind. I can not believe it is real, but yet here it is... :3d_frown:
post #2 said:
The most powerful element of this type of binary language is that you can add anything to the right column once you have people on your side. Want assault-weapons in the hands of minors? Tax breaks for industries that pollute the environment? More mercury in the water supply? Want to revoke civil rights? Side-step the Bill of Rights? Just add them to the right column and everyone will automatically step up in your defense. After all, that’s what you would expect from a Christian-American who cares about his or her family to do in a democracy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Well then what do you call people that think 70% income tax from the top is "fair"?

Being from Seattle or Boston doesn't make you liberal, but it is statisticly highly likely.

Volvo driving-enough said, but that doesn't make you a bad person. Being a liberal does. ;)

The New York Times is the worst offender.

Body piercing? Not really a lefty trend. More like those in the middle that won't take a stand on anything. How can you be this person and drive a volvo and drink latte'?

Hollywood certainly is more left today than right. 50 years ago that wasn't true, but it is today.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I hate to step to the side for a second to address this, but I see the word "assault weapon" and I have to laugh, especially because it's the left who has bastardized these words to terrify people. This has been a source of irritation for me, and I am SO happy that the "Assault Weapons Ban" sunset has been over [since '04]. If you read up on what makes an assault weapon, you will see that it is mostly cosmetic such as folding stocks, extended magazines [often 3 or less bullets are fired on average in crimes involving firearms, so banning a 30 round magazine makes no sense], a bayonet lug [who in the world thinks of a bayonet as the worst threat when it's attached to a gun?!] or a pistol grip, and the caliber bullet shot is often less lethal than any other hunting rifle you can buy from WalMart [well, the WalMarts that still carry guns].
The left has used it's own BS and rhetoric to scare the living daylights out of citizens who do not know any better, describing assault weapons as being "sprayed wildly" when the guns banned are all semi-automatic, meaning ONE bullet fired per trigger-pull. Surely a weapon of this type cannot be "sprayed".

Sorry to get off topic, but this IS off-topic, and we WERE discussing misinformation.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Joel;
I used to think you were just a "little" screwed up liberal! Now I realize you are the kind of liberal, that makes me dig in for the Republicans even deeper! You are disturbed man, if you believe everything you read!:aigo:

P.S. Your jackass president "slick willy" thought there were weapons of mass destruction too! Get over it! You guy's (libs) are still sore over having your clocks cleaned twice in a row!!!:biglaugh:

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
Great stuff Joel, I'm still LMAO :bigthumb:
I'm just missing the term "communist" in the writeup, I think some guys here associated it with liberals too.

IMPORTANT POINT 2: Ignore Irony
One of Nick's most outstanding capabilities as he has just proven once again... j/p with you, Nick :D
I would even extend the irony point to "take everything your opponent says dead serious and try to argue about it, even if it's meant in a playful/ironic way".

Alright, I'm going already...

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
'OMG THAT'S THE LEFT TALKING'
'OMG THAT'S THE RIGHT TALKING'

stfu. BOTH sides.

Compromise for ALL is in the middle.

Besides, both the so called 'left' and 'right' are two bit lying bastards.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
Nice one Joel!

Your so-called conservative republican source is a blogger named Doc Boon.

Here is another clip from his blog

On the twelfth day of Christmas
George Bush gave to me:
A huge trade imbalance
Reductions in Medicaid
More expensive oil
Delay indicted
Michael Brown at FEMA
Higher unemployment
Pro-torture prisons
War in Iraq
Valerie Plame’s name
More poor folks
Record deficits and
A wire-tap on all of my phones.

Obviously not a conservative or republican. Just another liberal who thinks that "hate bush" is a winning political platform. Americans don't need any more hate. We need a reason to feel proud of being american, and hate isn't the path. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

I am a conservative and I do vote for republicans and I have serious issues with Bush's domestic policy. But I think he was right to take the fight against global jihad to the terrorists yard, not my own. Bush also put 2 strict constructionist justices on the supreme court. Even if he sucked at every other aspect of his job, those 2 deeds make up for it.

You discount the impact of 9/11 and say that it is our fault that it happened. I disagree, and I have studied the Qu'ran and Hadiths so I know what I am talking about. Islamic jihad is about taking over the world and killing or enslaving all who oppose it. Islam's only moral tenet is "If it is good for Islam, do it!" Now, set aside your hate for a moment and tell me truthfully, would you rather have had Al Gore as president on 9/11? Ask yourself "what would Al Gore do?"

encomiast

boosted kraut
Mar 31, 2005
germany
rakkasan said:
30 minutes to compose, 10 seconds to ignore. Your C&P is FTL.
A whole 10 seconds? Wow, I'm feeling flattered ;)
30 minutes? Did you observe my activities in the forum? I'm feeling even more flattered.
You sir made my day.

Oh, and what is C&P...?

edit:
Oh, C&P = copy'n'paste.... never mind.

Aaron J Williams

Make It So!!!
Jul 23, 2006
Luck, Wisconsin
Joel W. said:
The Repubicans... Yes...I respectfully disagree with you here.. If you don't like slant how about spin, twist, manipulate, lie, fabricate, attack, hide and bury... :)

Substitute "Bill Clinton" for "The Republicans" in the above sentence and it would be at least as true, if not more so.

Does anyone remember 900 confidential FBI files found at the Clinton white house? No? Here's a link:

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a388825e95e8e.htm

And before you say it's from a conservative website and therefore invalid, It's from the Chicago Sun-Times January 20, 2000

How about the missing Rose law firm billing records ?

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/arkansas/docs/recs.htm

How about their mass memory lapses under oath?

Number of times that Clinton figures who testified in court or before Congress said that they didn't remember, didn't know, or something similar.

Bill Kennedy 116
Harold Ickes 148
Ricki Seidman 160
Bruce Lindsey 161
Bill Burton 191
Mark Gearan 221
Mack McLarty 233
Neil Egglseston 250
Hillary Clinton 250
John Podesta 264
Jennifer O'Connor 343
Dwight Holton 348
Patsy Thomasson 420
Jeff Eller 697

FROM THE WASHINGTON TIMES: In the portions of President Clinton's Jan. 17 deposition that have been made public in the Paula Jones case, his memory failed him 267 times. This is a list of his answers and how many times he gave each one.

I don't remember - 71
I don't know - 62
I'm not sure - 17
I have no idea - 10
I don't believe so - 9
I don't recall - 8
I don't think so - 8
I don't have any specific recollection - 6
I have no recollection - 4
Not to my knowledge - 4
I just don't remember - 4
I don't believe - 4
I have no specific recollection - 3
I might have - 3
I don't have any recollection of that - 2 I don't have a specific memory - 2
I don't have any memory of that - 2
I just can't say - 2
I have no direct knowledge of that - 2
I don't have any idea - 2
Not that I recall - 2
I don't believe I did - 2
I can't remember - 2
I can't say - 2
I do not remember doing so - 2
Not that I remember - 2
I'm not aware - 1
I honestly don't know - 1
I don't believe that I did - 1
I'm fairly sure - 1
I have no other recollection - 1
I'm not positive - 1
I certainly don't think so - 1
I don't really remember - 1
I would have no way of remembering that - 1
That's what I believe happened - 1
To my knowledge, no - 1
To the best of my knowledge - 1
To the best of my memory - 1
I honestly don't recall - 1
I honestly don't remember - 1
That's all I know - 1
I don't have an independent recollection of that - 1
I don't actually have an independent memory of that - 1
As far as I know - 1
I don't believe I ever did that - 1
That's all I know about that - 1
I'm just not sure - 1
Nothing that I remember - 1
I simply don't know - 1
I would have no idea - 1
I don't know anything about that - 1
I don't have any direct knowledge of that - 1
I just don't know - 1
I really don't know - 1
I can't deny that, I just -- I have no memory of that at all - 1

I could go on and on, but what's the point? By insinuating that republicans are corrupt and democrats are not, you use the same "right language" technique you supposedly find distasteful.

The truth of the matter is that most "career politicians" are corrupt and care only for the aquisition and retaining of power. That is why all americans must join together in booting the incumbents out of power and installing new leadership.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
91T breezen' said:
Joel;
I used to think you were just a "little" screwed up liberal! Now I realize you are the kind of liberal, that makes me dig in for the Republicans even deeper! You are disturbed man, if you believe everything you read!:aigo:

P.S. Your jackass president "slick willy" thought there were weapons of mass destruction too! Get over it! You guy's (libs) are still sore over having your clocks cleaned twice in a row!!!:biglaugh:

I really do not give a flying fuck what you think, I hacked it off a republican website that requires a login. The Google "cashed" button bypassed the password and this is NOT FROM A LIBERAL website..go away now...

Aaron. Same goes for you...Spin spin spin your sin...