How to take off power steering ?

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
remove the pump, remove the cooler and remember to fill the lines with PS fluid and then cap them off/loop the lines.

The supra does not NEED PS, ive been driving mine for a little over a year without PS and its better than one with PS IMO. If you cant turn the car w/o PS, go to the gym and stop playing video games 24/7

JonoTurbo

Going for broke
Mar 30, 2005
CT
My car hasn't had power steering the entire time I've owned it, and I just want to add this: when you lose traction on the rear wheels in the rain, and the steering wheel is ripped out of your hands and the car starts spinning, you will wish you had it.

EvoLuTioN

no-JZ Your Mom!
Mar 10, 2006
Bed
foreverpsycotic said:
remove the pump, remove the cooler and remember to fill the lines with PS fluid and then cap them off/loop the lines.

The supra does not NEED PS, ive been driving mine for a little over a year without PS and its better than one with PS IMO. If you cant turn the car w/o PS, go to the gym and stop playing video games 24/7

I wanna say it depends on where you live, if you live in San Francisco without P/S you'll hate life, I drove without P/S a whole year and parking on those hills with cars stacked behind you isn't alot of fun esp when they already suck at driving and that hill is steep as shit

I would definitely suggest keeping it also. After i did my 1j swap, the power steering is nothing like my 86 7m feel. I actually thought i didn't have power steering working for about a month, but then i turned the car off prematurely one day and i found out i was wrong. On mine the power steering really has a strong feel and i definitely know i am turning it. It is not sloppy at all. I really like it now.