How to put videos on computer...

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Hey,

I read the stickys at the top, but this is unrelated somewhat. What programs do you guys use to put vids on the computer? My friend shot some footage of my car and I wanna see it. We are both confused. No we are not computer whizzes...

-J

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
First you gotta have a digital camcorder. Then your computer needs to have a firewire(1394) port. Get a firewire cable compatable with your camera(Radioshack) and connect to the computer and camera. My computer automatically reads when the camera is connected and turned on. Then Windows movie maker comes up and click capture. Others probably use other programs but Windows movie maker is what mine came with.

Milenko

Mar 31, 2005
Mifflinville, PA
Even if your video camera is not digital, you can still get the videos uploaded to your computer. You'll just need what's called a capture card instead. See your local computer shop to purchase one and/or have it installed. You can also get external USB ones that work OK also.

If you have Windows XP, then it comes with windows movie maker, which works well for basic editing and saving to wmv format.