How to obtain at most 300 Wheel Horse Power

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
If quietness and a stock looking dual tip is your objective then this is the exhaust to get. It is a straight through design so its as free flowing as any 75mm cat back. It is not as quiet as stock, you will notice it at 2500 rpm under load but not under light throttle cruising. The only downside is the steel construction.

Supra mn

Oct 10, 2012
Jacksonville/Nebraska
I don't have any experience with it, but I've heard of many members on here running the Tanabe Medallion exhaust. Stock looks, quiet exhaust but a nice tone when you get on it.
I'm sure the members actually running it can give their input.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Supra mn;2062660 said:
I don't have any experience with it, but I've heard of many members on here running the Tanabe Medallion exhaust. Stock looks, quiet exhaust but a nice tone when you get on it.
I'm sure the members actually running it can give their input.

I've run the Tanabe exhaust on all three of my Supras, and I absolutely love it. The sound is very low, smooth, and quiet. Sometimes, I actually wish it was a bit louder even.

I'd take the Tanabe over the HKS (I have driven a car with the HKS before as well). They're approximately the same volume, but the Tanabe is a little be cheaper, easier to find/buy, and made out of stainless steel as opposed to mild steel. I've used the same exhaust system since about 2009 and it's still in fantastic condition.