pmmfred

Apr 12, 2013
York
How to install new coil pack connectors
[video=youtube;QQXzxaLdtA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQXzxaLdtA0[/video]

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
This is a good preventative maintenance task that should be checked by anyone running an older harness. It's really a high temp area and these connectors and their pins weaken and get crispy over time. I would even change the pins myself due to the metal relaxing from the heat cycles over time. I had this problem with my 2JZ and the same issue with my 7m on the CPS plugs. In both cases causing ignition related issues.

The use of really good crimpers as show in the video makes a world of difference when doing the pins.

Nice video.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Ugh the 7M CPS is horrible for this. Unfortunetaly, the wires themselves get crispy and breakable, so if you aren't careful you will have to trim and/or extend your harness when you try to install new connectors.

On a side note, we were installing new suspension on a buddies car, and the TEMS connectors look VERY similar to the CPS connector. Didn't check if it fit, but it might be worth a try.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Back in my 7m days ya the CPS was the source of some serious intermittent frustrations before discovering the connector and temperature variables were the cause.

Back then I ended up going with a milspec connector from my local electronics supply, I did have to carefully extend the harness but the waterproof aluminium connector screwed together and I doubt it ever would have failed after the changeover.