how to get the drivers seat out

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
i'm trying to get the carpet out of my car for my interior color change and i've run into a snag: The motor is out of the car being rebuilt, so i'm doing the interior for something to keep my busy, now how on earth do i get the drivers seat out without power? As of right now i'm completly clueless as to how i'm going to do this other than cut the carpet, which is something i would like to oviod at all costs...any input would be nice...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
even without the motor in you can't throw in a battery and move the seat around? It's not connected to any switching or anything...

Arther3

Remember SOGI? I do
Apr 1, 2005
Starkville, MS
www.cardomain.com
PUT IN A BATTERY AND MOVE THE SEAT

the engine harness is removable without removing the battery cables. there is a section that goes to that side of the engine bay that is unplugged right under the igniter. i listened to my radio while i rebuilt my engine with the harness still connected. JUST BE CAREFUL OF WHERE THE STARTER WIRE IS BECUASE IT IS HOT AND MIGHT TOUCH THE CHASSIS.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Arther3 said:
PUT IN A BATTERY AND MOVE THE SEAT

the engine harness is removable without removing the battery cables. there is a section that goes to that side of the engine bay that is unplugged right under the igniter. i listened to my radio while i rebuilt my engine with the harness still connected. JUST BE CAREFUL OF WHERE THE STARTER WIRE IS BECUASE IT IS HOT AND MIGHT TOUCH THE CHASSIS.

thats what i did with mine - you shouldn't have any issues. move the seat forward and remove the 2 bolts in the floor board and the one on the trans tunnel, move the seat back and take out the front two on the floor, tilt it back and disconnect the electrical connections and take it out....

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
the engine harness has nothing to do with it....it's all in the body harness. Just put in a battery.....

sorry if post I quoted gave you the wrong idea.