How to get 1jz replacement parts?(hoses)

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Upon removing the twins, i cracked my ventilation hose, and the 2 turbo oil return hoses crumbled, i have the part numbers, but i'm having trouble finding a dealer! How can i get toyota 1jz parts?

12263‑88401
15491‑88401
15492‑88401

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
Let me try this again, I've spent a considerable amount of time scouring the internet for a dealer selling those items, i did not find any of those items on either of those websites, I've tried the dealer, i've tried online toyota dealers (ie. toyotapartseast) and i've been able, so far, to find every part i need except for those 3 items. Does anyone know where i can actually find those specific items? not just check (insert website). Sorry but this has been a frustrating process, I hate that i have to come here as a last resort.

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
Call Aaron at Driftmotion. Talk to him & he can hopefully help you out.

You can find the parts but you have to dig deeper & if theres an aftermarket replacement, why not just go by that?

aphxero

Jul 4, 2006
Seattle, WA
Or you can just make them. You have a good hydraulics/hoses shop in town? Hell you could probably make it happen with an auto parts store. I mean come on man it's just hoses. Are you doing some full resto job to sell on barret jackson to put your kids through school or what?

D.J.T.

Aug 25, 2010
Arkansas, United States
aphxero;1694069 said:
Or you can just make them. You have a good hydraulics/hoses shop in town? Hell you could probably make it happen with an auto parts store. I mean come on man it's just hoses. Are you doing some full resto job to sell on barret jackson to put your kids through school or what?

^^ :werd:

IDK what kind of parts they are since i don't see any pics but if theyre hoses go to Napa or a reliable parts store (by reliable i mean with people that know their stuff)

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
LOL, i went to autozone, had a chat with my buddy, i told him i needed 7/8th rubber hose (because thats what i measured using a tape) which of course they didn't have, then he called his buddy who told him that its a special 22mm heat treated hose to stand the hot oil from the turbos, and not a standard item that an autoparts store had.

And as far as aftermarket is concerned, i did find one braided assembly on ebay which sure does look pretty, although i'd still need that pcv hose, maybe i can find an aftermarket replacement for that too.

hmm.... i really thought there would be a different answer, i've read, at one point (when i was doing initial 1j research) that there was like 1 dealer that could get replacement parts, i haven't been able to find that thread oh well, i figured there was some way to order from japan, but i haven't been able to find anything. I'll call driftmotion, i honestly didn't even think about that, thank you very much for your time (all of you).

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Just get some gates hose and be done with it.

Go on sf and post a thread in champion or elmhurst toyotas section. Both can get most parts that are available if you want to pay.

Arrest_me_red

Aug 2, 2010
Toledo Ohio
hvyman;1695419 said:
Just get some gates hose and be done with it.

Go on sf and post a thread in champion or elmhurst toyotas section. Both can get most parts that are available if you want to pay.

aphxero;1695395 said:
Fuel hose will handle hot oil for centuries. Srsly. And 22mm=7/8"

aphxero;1695442 said:
just stay away from heater hose. Oil/gas will melt it.

Thank you very much for your help, it was just very frusturating for a moment. I remember reading that 1jz parts were hard to find, while researching the swap, but i didn't realize that i wouldn't even be able to find parts online lol. I ordered some gates C5C hose online, checked out a few places around town first with no luck.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
1J specific parts used to be pretty easy to order when Jeff Watson was still at Champion Toyota, but he retired, and it's never been the same. as a result, various parts are rather hard to find at this point. thankfully most of the parts are close or identical to the 2J.

also, last I checked, Curt couldn't get any specialty parts with a JDM part #. has that changed?

there is probably a dealership(s) that can still get the parts, but I'm not aware of them. if I needed something, I'd probably call my buddy (Bigzavs), Aaron (driftmotion), Jose (Kaizen), or Jeff Lange (parts guru).

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't know how Jeff did it but it is said that he took the JDM catalog disk with him when he left. I also don't know why he would not tell anyone how to get those parts to help us Supra owners.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
IBoughtASupra;1698865 said:
I don't know how Jeff did it but it is said that he took the JDM catalog disk with him when he left. I also don't know why he would not tell anyone how to get those parts to help us Supra owners.

the fact that he could get those parts as easily as he did was a major part of the reason he was so successful as Jeff Watson @ Champion/Jay Marks.

I would have kept the information to myself as well, and if I left, I'd likely take it with me..

this hasn't been confirmed though, right? there are a lot of possibilities for why folks do certain things, and while I know why he retired, there might have been other circumstances if he did take the J-EPC with him.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
It has. The guy who is selling at Champion now on SupraForums said he took the info on the disk with him when he left. He posted it in a thread and I asked him about it in a PM as well and he said the samething.