How to disable the factory alarm

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
There's a detailed thread of how to remove it and ground the correct wire - search for a post by shaeff

In the mean time, to just disable it:
Jumper on harness side, not switch side ;)
p622388_1.jpg

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
At first I just unplugged mine, and grounded the starter bypass switch, look up where the alarm is to remove it, and the wiring diagram for which wire to ground so it's not too easy for people to steal our cars...

Later i went back and just added an aftermarket system to control it

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
^ kinda like above pull out your anti theft ecu you will see a white/black ecu ground wire! put a paper clip in that pin and jumper it to the wire directly next to it but on the other row of pins done! easy to undo also!

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
^ kinda like above pull out your anti theft ecu you will see a white/black ecu ground wire! put a paper clip in that pin and jumper it to the wire directly next to it but on the other row of pins done! easy to undo also!

Thanks guys, Ill give them a shot in a bit to see what works. Also, the anti theft ecu behind the glove box?

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
isnms said:
There's a detailed thread of how to remove it and ground the correct wire - search for a post by shaeff

In the mean time, to just disable it:
Jumper on harness side, not switch side ;)
p623017_1.jpg

Tried this jumping the pink wire to the white one and still didnt work

Cya said:
pull the dome fuse.

Pulled the fuse and that did nothing

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
What didn't work: alarm didn't disable or car still didn't start?

With those wires jumpered, the alarm thinks the hood is open and will not arm.

Try this:

With the wires jumpered and windows rolled down - lock and close the doors and hood. Wait 5-10 seconds. Is security light on dash blinking? Reach inside and unlock door and open. Did alarm go off?

Now remove jumper and repeat test. Did alarm go off?

Z'mnypit

May 2, 2007
Springville, AL
I got it running. Founs Shaeff's write up on to get rid of the factory alarm. Did that, grounded the blue/orange wire and everything works now. Thanks for all the help!

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I'm glad you guys figured it out, but we don't want to make it any easier to steal our cars guys!!

Now that this thread has served it's purpose, it should be deleted or revised IMO, telling people where the alarm is and which color wire needs to by grounded is far too specific for a public forum!

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
IM with Jag on this Time after Time I see this HEY SHOW ME HOW TO STEAL YOUR CAR threads, or HEY SHOW ME A PIC OF YOUR KEY. Think about this stuff before responding to it. I already know Supramania cant police every one of these idiotic how do I steal your car threads its got to be us. Unless your under a rock you've noticed all the Stolens that get posted here, What if a good majority of the theives were taught by all of you here? On another note one good way to keep ypur car is dont tell everyone where you live, or even the city, makes it far easier for asshole theives to cruise your city, see you and follow you home, and since you told them how to steal your car, you wake up the next day and BLAM it's gone.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
sorry for delay the factory ecu is behind the steering wheel under dash. black box thing.

but i am glad you got it going.

I had a low battery and it would go off each time or if you unlock the door to fast or if micro switch in the door lock is broke it makes your factory anti theft device really suck!

Then once your in the car the alarm will not let you start the car after so much time unless you remove a battery cable to reset it.

removing the hood curtisy switch and jumpering it disable your alarm from arming but jumpering the ground to the starter relay @ the antitheft ecu or relay will get it going for sure!