how not to pull an engine

BlkSupra87

Addicted to SupraMania!!
Jun 23, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
:aigo: :cry: :3d_frown: :runaway: :slap: :eek3dance ::hah:: :rofl: :yelrotflm :biggrinbo :momaru: :bowdown:

this was all me in a nutshell... as I read the post.....:biglaugh:

miggles

i wasnt speeding officer
Jun 3, 2005
perth West Australia
At least you didnt take 3days to pull a motor out,break 2 engine mounts,mangle all the new powersteering hardlines, bend the radiator support panel, (this was in a halfcut) Then take 40mins to workout how to get the motor off a pallet (the chains on the hoist were too short to let it down onto the ground)

oohh and dont smoke dope and work of cars, you get sidetracked very easily.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the fastest way i ahve ever pulled 7mgte it was core

lift up car wiht fork lift take torch cut drive shaft cut lower tranny monte speedo cable exhuast

grab air gun semi un do sub frame grab long extention fish off sub frame bolt

motor falls semi cut all thing's holdig it up like streeing imput shaft ect

that took me about 15 mins to have it one wheil haven a smoke

beat that

ps all that wanted was the block

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
miggles said:
At least you didnt take 3days to pull a motor out,break 2 engine mounts,mangle all the new powersteering hardlines, bend the radiator support panel, (this was in a halfcut) Then take 40mins to workout how to get the motor off a pallet (the chains on the hoist were too short to let it down onto the ground)

oohh and dont smoke dope and work of cars, you get sidetracked very easily.

no telling how many time that happend to me :3d_frown: .

wingman

sucka got blammed!
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
me262 said:
the car did nothing, nate just is a supra killer..... two MKIII deaths in his hands in less than a year :(

hey you, now that isn't entirely true! the red one isn't dead...just ailing. I had to pay tribute to the BHG gods sometime or another, and no monies = no fixies.

the white one decided to rodknock itself...why i dunno, probably just the bearings being worn or something. I pulled the bearings and 5 of the 6 lower ones were pitted like you wouldn't believe. Throw into the fact the body itself was prettymuch worthless and I had just about no choice but to part it out...i don't have the money to do repairs like that car needed, as much as I wish I did. The engine came out like that because 1. the car is going to the junkyard and 2. nearly the entire block save the pistons and rods were going to be scrapped. Oh not to mention I don't have a concrete pad, an engine hoist, an engine stand, or any means of getting it to a place that has one...so I hit up my hick stepfather to see how he thought we should pull it. I didn't want to deal with putting everything back into place after tearing it up for a part out so I junked it.......plus we have plans for the transmission which is somehow still in perfect shape.

...just thought I had to explain the whole story, since apparently I'm an evil evil person and frowned upon by the supra community for trying to make light of a bad situation. That's another reason the red car is still down, I plan on doing everything on that car the right way with an insane attention to detail, which obviously doesn't involve pulling the motor with a truck.

now then, who wants some cake